The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RIP Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    But Bon, that 575 is an itty bitty pin prick to the state. You will spend a lot more than that while you & Stan are there and that money will not go to the government, a little bit of tax yes I know but again more money will go to mom & pop.
    what IF all the loyal users of MAGPUL industries were to boycott hunting in Colorado this year...the majority of OOS'ers is from the state of Texas, if even 25% of them stayed at home, what kind of economic impact would that have on the state's revenues...If Magpul pulls out of the state, the revenues and jobs lost would be felt

My $575 may seem like mouse nuts but my family bought 4 licenses last year, it adds up
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

BoN
    Yes it does indeed add up , and our division of wildlife ( government) really depend and cater to that out of state license.
    If enough folks did as you are planning, and let legislators and the division know why you are pulling out. You will indeed kick them where it hurts.

That being said, I don't think you should cancel the trip you gys had planned Before this shit happened.

Come and enjoy yourselves.

gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I tried really hard to think of money I have spent in small communities when I go hunting.
    I am prepared well in advance, and my stuff I need is purchased long before I travel. My hunts are far from any town. I don't spend money in Motels,I camp where the game is.
    so, other than gas, and a sleeve or two of doughnuts, I can't think of money I spend in the mom and pop places.I really can't think of when the last time I was in one on a hunting trip. I hunt, don't shop.
    Yeah, maybe so Mike but OOS certainly do.

I hunt roughly 5 long weekends a year or a total 16-20 days. I have a 270 mile one way trip to our shack. From there I put on another 40-60 miles a day to get to and from where we hunt. I drop 3-5 hundred dollars a weekend doing so. Maybe hunting Colorado is different than here in Minnesota.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    BoN
    Yes it does indeed add up , and our division of wildlife ( government) really depend and cater to that out of state license.
    If enough folks did as you are planning, and let legislators and the division know why you are pulling out. You will indeed kick them where it hurts.

That being said, I don't think you should cancel the trip you gys had planned Before this shit happened.

Come and enjoy yourselves.

gooser
    Will definitely do that....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    what IF all the loyal users of MAGPUL industries were to boycott hunting in Colorado this year...the majority of OOS'ers is from the state of Texas, if even 25% of them stayed at home, what kind of economic impact would that have on the state's revenue
    You and I know that something like the boycott you speak of would never ever happen. So again in the end who gets hurt the most? I don't know, maybe tourism dollars aren't look at the same as they are here.

I respect your opinion Bon and I'm sure you and Stan will give this hunt of your's considerable thought. GOOD LUCK with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    what IF all the loyal users of MAGPUL industries were to boycott hunting in Colorado this year...the majority of OOS'ers is from the state of Texas, if even 25% of them stayed at home, what kind of economic impact would that have on the state's revenues...If Magpul pulls out of the state, the revenues and jobs lost would be felt

My $575 may seem like mouse nuts but my family bought 4 licenses last year, it adds up
    Bon, I'm from a small town hunting community right out side the LQP wildlife refuge, the town died in a matter of three years because the DNR made a decision about our refuge, literally three years and the town was a shell of itself. The same could happen hunting communities in CO if the boycott ever amounted to much.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Bon, I'm from a small town hunting community right out side the LQP wildlife refuge, the town died in a matter of three years because the DNR made a decision about our refuge, literally three years and the town was a shell of itself. The same could happen hunting communities in CO if the boycott ever amounted to much.
    Then the people of those communities will put pressure on their elected officials.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Then the people of those communities will put pressure on their elected officials.
    A town of 350 can't put a lot of pressure when the metro has 4 million people, and after two years it was two late the town was done in. It wasn't just the town I came from, but probably 8 other surrounding towns.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    A town of 350 can't put a lot of pressure when the metro has 4 million people, and after two years it was two late the town was done in. It wasn't just the town I came from, but probably 8 other surrounding towns.
    Yeah but lets be honest here, those towns were pretty quiet for 10-11 months of the year anyway until the hunting season started. No different than than the small northern Minnesota town we hunt out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Yeah but lets be honest here, those towns were pretty quiet for 10-11 months of the year anyway until the hunting season started. No different than than the small northern Minnesota town we hunt out of.
    You are right, about 9 months a year it was extremely quite, but two or three months of out of town money is all that it took to keep bars, restaurants, hotels, gas stations, grocery stores etc, viable for the local population, take away that two or three months and every business goes under for ever, schools close young people move away.