The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RIP Colorado!

I know a guy that is talking about going caribou hunting in Canada instead of elk in CO. It's kind of shocking because their group of four has averaged 3 bulls for the last 4 years. He says it will not cost them all that much more to go as a group. Bow hunting elk is one of my dream hunts, I would still go if I've never gone before. Just wait till some one starts shooting people with bows.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    I know a guy that is talking about going caribou hunting in Canada instead of elk in CO. It's kind of shocking because their group of four has averaged 3 bulls for the last 4 years. He says it will not cost them all that much more to go as a group. Bow hunting elk is one of my dream hunts, I would still go if I've never gone before. Just wait till some one starts shooting people with bows.
    What? Don't you remember the wacko that walked into the college classroom last year and shot his own dad with a bow? The press didn't make much of a big deal about it once they realized it was likely a domestic incident and not a crazed right wing nut job.
    Bill Davis

In WI we had a kid launch an arrow into the air and hit a little girl, she lived but will have problems for the rest of her life. He came clean with it after a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You are right, about 9 months a year it was extremely quite, but two or three months of out of town money is all that it took to keep bars, restaurants, hotels, gas stations, grocery stores etc, viable for the local population, take away that two or three months and every business goes under for ever, schools close young people move away.
    It is a shame the their elected officials have made the decision to ruin their lives. Their government has abandoned them as far as I'm concerned. All gun control legislation has the same consequences... law abiding, innocent taxpayers are the victims.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

bon and stan,

i endorse your decision. i do agree with wade that the decision you and other hunters make will hurt the rural mom and pop most. but, that is the way it goes. the state's governmental representatives brought this hardship on their own people and now everyone in colorado must live with the ramifications of their voting and this resultant legislation.

wade imho if colorado as a state wanted out of state hunters they would have never passed the law. personally i would not hunt, fish, ski, or anything else in any state that has a government that interprets the U.S. Constitution in a way that this travesty is even possible. if i lived there i would hope that i could leave, if i had a trip planned there i would hope that i could cancel. wade sticking to these priciples and acting on them are the very least things we can do to express our sickness at a government highjacking the liberty of its law abiding citizens.

the second amendment was not added to the Constitution so that i could protect myself from a robber or go on a hunt. on my best day a robber might take a couple of bennys off me and put a knot on my head. the federal, state, county and city i live in took over 400 times that from me, my wife and kids last year alone. that's who i need protection from........and the founding fathers knew it would be this way!

hit them where you can guys, go hunt where you and your principles are welcome!
    john mccallie

John I agree, but Stan and Bon had their trip planned before all this started..
    I admire their resolve though.

Think about our current situation.

our political atmosphere has decided to make gun control an issue, more so now than it has been in the past.
    What has happened is the purchase of guns and ammo reloading supplies has gone through the roof.

Why is this?

I think it is FEAR Fear from "Thugs" in both Government and our civilian lives. The amount of fear is very apparent by the mear fact that theses items are in very short supply.... Hording od ammo,, and MANY people deciding to purchase guns...

Thugs in Government are deemed Tyrants.. Thugs in civilian life are criminal.. Neither ONE wants to obey LAWS They wont They refuse!!!

So, the laws that some folks pass will only be obeyed by the law obiding..

Tryrans and criminals will own high capacity magazines, and the folks that are law abiding ,, will be left defense less eventually...

I'm sure the crooks are laughing at us right now....

I think it sad that in this day and age ,, people are afraid of the Government WE ARE SPOSE TO GOVERN>>>>>>>>

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bon and stan,

i endorse your decision. i do agree with wade that the decision you and other hunters make will hurt the rural mom and pop most. but, that is the way it goes. the state's governmental representatives brought this hardship on their own people and now everyone in colorado must live with the ramifications of their voting and this resultant legislation.

wade imho if colorado as a state wanted out of state hunters they would have never passed the law. personally i would not hunt, fish, ski, or anything else in any state that has a government that interprets the U.S. Constitution in a way that this travesty is even possible. if i lived there i would hope that i could leave, if i had a trip planned there i would hope that i could cancel. wade sticking to these priciples and acting on them are the very least things we can do to express our sickness at a government highjacking the liberty of its law abiding citizens.

the second amendment was not added to the Constitution so that i could protect myself from a robber or go on a hunt. on my best day a robber might take a couple of bennys off me and put a knot on my head. the federal, state, county and city i live in took over 400 times that from me, my wife and kids last year alone. that's who i need protection from........and the founding fathers knew it would be this way!

hit them where you can guys, go hunt where you and your principles are welcome!
    Bravo!!!
    Well said John
    The fact that Bon & Stan are still considering spending their discretionary $ and time in a state that shows no regard or respect for our Constitutionally guaranteed rights is incomprehensible to me.
    This is a matter of principle.Talking principle's is one thing; ACTING on them is another
    . We are not talking about a minor issue here. We are talking about an intrusion on our 2ndA. All principled citizens should feel compelled to ACT
    : regardless of any inconvenience it may cause
    I highly commend DSO & his 15 yr old son in ACTING on principles. It may be a small seemingly insignificant act on their part. However if all of us Constitutionalists were to ACT whenever we had the chance it would become a huge movement that would be impossible to ignore.

Furthermore it seems that principles get overlooked in our modern world in favor of the allmighty dollar. If we all boycott my home state of Colorado and spend our discretionary $ in states that aren't willing to ignore our rights it will have a significant impact on Colorado. Tourism is a huge business in Colo. Whether that impact will make them reconsider their disregard of the 2ndA is not guaranteed. However I guarantee you that other states will ncertainly take notice. Even if they won't respect our rights on principle, they may be forced to nif it were to cripple their state's coffers

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Bravo!!!
    Well said John
    The fact that Bon & Stan are still considering spending their discretionary $ and time in a state that shows no regard or respect for our Constitutionally guaranteed rights is incomprehensible to me.
    This is a matter of principle.Talking principle's is one thing; ACTING on them is another
    . We are not talking about a minor issue here. We are talking about an intrusion on our 2ndA. All principled citizens should feel compelled to ACT
    : regardless of any inconvenience it may cause
    I highly commend DSO & his 15 yr old son in ACTING on principles. It may be a small seemingly insignificant act on their part. However if all of us Constitutionalists were to ACT whenever we had the chance it would become a huge movement that would be impossible to ignore.

Furthermore it seems that principles get overlooked in our modern world in favor of the allmighty dollar. If we all boycott my home state of Colorado and spend our discretionary $ in states that aren't willing to ignore our rights it will have a significant impact on Colorado. Tourism is a huge business in Colo. Whether that impact will make them reconsider their disregard of the 2ndA is not guaranteed. However I guarantee you that other states will ncertainly take notice. Even if they won't respect our rights on principle, they may be forced to nif it were to cripple their state's coffers

Let me set the record straight...I have not discussed with Stan what will happen to our Colorado hunt..mainly because it involves more people than just Stan...I have two brothers and one BIL that had all planned to hunt as we have done off and on for some twenty years..What will probably happen is that those who wish to still hunt will hunt, but those that choose to not go will go unchallenged and not made to feel as if they ruined anyone's trip...We are all grown men able to make up our own minds

Up until my Mom passed two weeks ago, Colorado was where she lived, my brother Jerry still lives in Durango, I WILL still be visiting the state and I will be doing commerce with the state, that is a given, if any of you feel that is "selling out" so be it...but I love my family and will visit them wherever they reside despite the politics of that state..I have no problem with the state at all, it has been good to my family..My brother Jerry is a 40 year resident of Colorado, he is deeply religious, extremely conservative..and FTR he has a gay son but refuses to acknowledge his civil union, and did not attend the ceremony...He walks the walk...He is Pro 2A although he does not hunt..but he does have weapons for home protection and to ward off the bears and mountain lions that invade his rural property

If the hunt were next week I would choose to stay at home...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

bon,
    note that in my post i said, "i would hope i could....." marc, several others and i are expressing support for your convictions. rest assured if i had family in colorado i would visit whenever i could too. being from the east i have treasured every visit i have ever made to colorado all 4 of which were to ski or hunt.

i will never forget the big elk in eagle county. i was in the rough green timber (or whaterever you call it) just below the timber line. i saw two columns of vapor coming down and hitting the snow in front of his lower front legs as he walked through two feet of fresh powder. i watched him walk for what seemed like eternity and finally got a glimpse of one side of his rack and counted at least 5. at 125 yards i picked a spot ahead of him where i knew his shoulder would eventually appear. i held the cross hairs steady and when his shoulder slowly moved through the opening i pulled the trigger. i saw him start to run and the next time i caught a glimpse of him he was still running over a ridge a mile away. no blood, no hair, no nothing..........did i say i pulled the trigger? i think you are supposed to squeeze it on a rifle? idk, i am a shotgun man! how is that for a big game story........don't you laugh at me bill!
    john mccallie

If you've never missed, you haven't hunted enough!
    Bill Davis