The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: 10 Year Anniversary of the War With Iraq

Default 10 Year Anniversary of the War With Iraq

The more 10 Year Anniversary stories I read, the more angry I get with Cheney/Bush!

From the David Frum story(Frum coined the phrase Axis Of Evil as GW Bush's speech writer)where Cheney's reasons for invading Iraq had nothing to do with WMD's and everything to do with oil, to Republicans and the NeoCon media calling anyone that opposed the war as unPatriotic. Remember how some media outlets were critical of countries that didn't want to join in on Bush's folly?

Reading Lew Rockwell's blog from 2002 shows just how much Americans were deceived in Cheney and his puppet, GW Bush, rush to war.

Greed that cost 4,500 American servicemen their lives not to mention those that lost limb(s)and our 800Billion plus in treasure!

Yet, I don't think the NeoCons nor many Americans have learned anything or even really care!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul52.html
    By the man the NeoCons love to redicule.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-20-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Did you read about the benefits we are paying wrt previous wars, including the Civil War and Spanish-American war? With life spans increasing, and the numbers of permanently disabled, we're going to be paying benefits for the next two centuries.......
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Did you read about the benefits we are paying wrt previous wars, including the Civil War and Spanish-American war? With life spans increasing, and the numbers of permanently disabled, we're going to be paying benefits for the next two centuries.......
    I'm not as sadden about the money as much as I am for the servicemen that lost thier lives or parts of their bodies and their families. The 800 billion is 5% of our deficit, but the men that have to live the rest of their lives without all thier limbs because Cheney thought it a good idea to secure Iraqi oil in criminal! And, for what? Those people hate us. Cheney and Bush did exactly what bin Laudin wanted them to do. Their actions grew Islamic terror.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm not as sadden about the money as much as I am for the servicemen that lost thier lives or parts of their bodies and their families. The 800 billion is 5% of our deficit, but the men that have to live the rest of their lives without all thier limbs because Cheney thought it a good idea to secure Iraqi oil in criminal! And, for what? Those people hate us. Cheney and Bush did exactly what bin Laudin wanted them to do. That was to grow Islamic terror.
    Agreed. .....
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

10 years ago I was a 19 year old kid and PFC in the USMC sitting on the border of Kuwait and Iraq watching arty and air blow up a hill on the other side, for the next 30 days I watched some of the best people I will ever know shoot, move and communicate. In the midst of it all there are very specific moments that I think back to all the time. Regardless of the reasons of the war I saw some very amazing things and saw young men and women fight together for a common goal. I finally saw what all the training was for, and realized that when food supplies run short we shared what we did have as brothers. I have many fond memories of the 2 tours I spent in Iraq.

Politics aside, when you see the people and look them in the eye and they say thank you because they had lived under severe oppresion under their dictator you feel a sense of hope, hope for a brighter future for them and the rest of us. A Dictator who gassed his own countrymen needed to be removed from power.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    10 years ago I was a 19 year old kid and PFC in the USMC sitting on the border of Kuwait and Iraq watching arty and air blow up a hill on the other side, for the next 30 days I watched some of the best people I will ever know shoot, move and communicate. In the midst of it all there are very specific moments that I think back to all the time. Regardless of the reasons of the war I saw some very amazing things and saw young men and women fight together for a common goal. I finally saw what all the training was for, and realized that when food supplies run short we shared what we did have as brothers. I have many fond memories of the 2 tours I spent in Iraq.

Politics aside, when you see the people and look them in the eye and they say thank you because they had lived under severe oppresion under their dictator you feel a sense of hope, hope for a brighter future for them and the rest of us. A Dictator who gassed his own countrymen needed to be removed from power.
    Thank you for your service Jason!
    Stan b & Elvis

Your next President beleived.............
    Stan b & Elvis

I respect your service Mr. Glavich and am reminded of the book "The Last Battle" by CS Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia), where there is the "Dark knight" or something of that nature who is sad because he can't go to the New Narnia because he served and fought against Narnia. Aslan (the God character) explains that he gets to go because he served faithfully and truly to his master. The virtues of faith and truth are of Aslan and therefore he was really serving Aslan.

That is how I, as a non interventionist, see our military men and women. They should be respected for their duty and service to the constitution even when the ones that send them into battle have no respect for it. Sadam was a bad guy, I get it, but the reason we fought that war was not because he was a bad guy that murdered innocents. We are not going to get rid of every bad guy, and 1 bad guy dead for every 4500 american lives is not a good trade, add in the total loss of life since the conflict of over 1 million lives and i think we have to ask the question are we really making things better.

Its a fine line between supporting the troops and protesting the war. But I will support the troops who do their job with respect to the constitution and morals of what america should be.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I respect your service Mr. Glavich and am reminded of the book "The Last Battle" by CS Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia), where there is the "Dark knight" or something of that nature who is sad because he can't go to the New Narnia because he served and fought against Narnia. Aslan (the God character) explains that he gets to go because he served faithfully and truly to his master. The virtues of faith and truth are of Aslan and therefore he was really serving Aslan.

That is how I, as a non interventionist, see our military men and women. They should be respected for their duty and service to the constitution even when the ones that send them into battle have no respect for it. Sadam was a bad guy, I get it, but the reason we fought that war was not because he was a bad guy that murdered innocents. We are not going to get rid of every bad guy, and 1 bad guy dead for every 4500 american lives is not a good trade, add in the total loss of life since the conflict of over 1 million lives and i think we have to ask the question are we really making things better.

Its a fine line between supporting the troops and protesting the war. But I will support the troops who do their job with respect to the constitution and morals of what america should be.

Bravo, x's2.

Interesting piece in yesterday's Wall St Journal
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...011033990.html
    Last edited by Franco; 03-22-2013 at 06:51 AM.