The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Feeding Question

Default Feeding Question

How many pounds/day do your dogs eat? What is the cost/dog/day? What kind of food are you feeding and what is the protein/fat combo? I'm looking for any and all answers. The dogs I'm feeding range from 5 months to 3 yrs. So, that age range would be extra helpful. I just started trying to track it and I think I'm feeding about a a 1.25 lb. per day. Cost $1.15 / lb. Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Rice 26/16.

Thanks
    Mark Bedsole

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bedsolemark View Post
    How many pounds/day do your dogs eat? What is the cost/dog/day? What kind of food are you feeding and what is the protein/fat combo? I'm looking for any and all answers. The dogs I'm feeding range from 5 months to 3 yrs. So, that age range would be extra helpful. I just started trying to track it and I think I'm feeding about a a 1.25 lb. per day. Cost $1.15 / lb. Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Rice 26/16.

Thanks
    Mark Bedsole
    Im using Dr. Tim's Pursuit 30/20 and feeding 3 cups a day which is .75lb at a cost of $1.40lb, so about $1 dog. When I used Annamaet Ultra I fed the same at pretty much the same cost per lb.

Pro Plan is about $1.30lb where I live. Hands down the best value is the PMI Exclusive Red or Purple Bag but I cannot get them where I live without driving 40 minutes. Works out to be $.80lb with the free bags you get.
    Last edited by SpinRetriever; 04-12-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinRetriever View Post
    Im using Dr. Tim's Pursuit 30/20 and feeding 3 cups a day which is .75lb at a cost of $1.40lb, so about $1 dog. When I used Annamaet Ultra I fed the same at pretty much the same cost per lb.

Pro Plan is about $1.30lb where I live. Hands down the best value is the PMI Exclusive Red or Purple Bag but I cannot get them where I live without driving 40 minutes. Works out to be $.80lb with the free bags you get.
    I also feed pro plan. 2 cups per meal - 2 meals a day