The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Hillman Basics Program Marking Question

Default Hillman Basics Program Marking Question

I am bringing a new puppy home at the end of the month and I will be using Hillman's Puppy DVD, Fetch Command DVD, and following up with Bill's Fundamentals DVD. My question is about continuing the pups marking work during Fundamentals, the Fundamentals DVD does not address any marking work during this time period. I am considering purchasing Lardy's Total Retriever Marking and incorporating this during the Hillman Fundamentals time period and beyond. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

I think Hillmann is coming out with a marking DVD as well but it may not be ready for when your pup goes home. Lardy TRM is very good and I believe it would fit well with Hillmann.

I'm also curious as to what is exactly included in his fundamentals program. I have the fetch and puppy program now and would like to keep everything under hillmann if possible

Thank you for the replies. I received an e-mail from Mary Hillman and they are planning the release of Fundamentals 2, Water that does address marking (swim by & more) during this phase. No specific date was given but Mary said it will be available very soon. I will be watching for the release of this one and look forward to adding it to my collection.

Paul

I would like to hear from some of you that have stuck with Hillman past Puppy. I purchased Hillman Puppy long before my new pup was born, I was impressed enough to get Traffic Cop , Fetch Command , and I just purchased Fundamentals Land tonight. To further complicate things I have TRT, Smartworks, and Danny Farmer loaned to me. The latter three follow along the same lines. My experience with Hillman so far is that he is completely revolutionary, which concerns me a bit. To me, past Puppy, its Hillman or the other guys. There is no mixing of training concepts here. So I am just looking for some success stories for those of you who have continued with the Hillman approach which is my plan A. Plan B is to transition into TRT at force fetch an there after.

Thanks,

Scott