The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Today is a good day (GDG)

Default Today is a good day (GDG)

The title may seem a bit off but it is a good day. I am alive, I have a job, and I have a healthy 4 month old soon to be 5 month old son. It is so easy to be negative all the time but we should be happy with what we do have, money comes and goes, but friends, and family are the truely important things. 2 Years ago today I got the worst phone call of my life, that call changed everything for me, I was told my dad had died. 10 years ago I was on the Iraq/Kuwait border heading into a war zone. On march 22nd in 2003 my grandmother passed away, my granpa her husband followed a little over a year later while I was in Iraq again. Even though all of these things happened around the same time of the month I am thankful for what I have. All of these events led me to where I am today.

I remember the stories, and the pictures help to remind me of the stories I do not always remember. From the High school stories about the VW beetle on the roof of the school, the Motorcycle in the girls restroom and riding in down the hallways to get back outside, to the running from the cops in a classic Mopar(there are too many to name), to rebuilding a motor with my dad. To all the late nights building demolition derby cars, to early mornings he drove me to wrestling tournaments hours away after working 70 hours a week, to the drunk driver(9th DUI if I remember correctly) that almost took him from us years before. In the end all we have is memories, those memories will last a lifetime, I now try to make every memory count.

Today is a good day, set aside politics, hug your loved ones, and be thankful for everything you do have instead of focusing on the things you do not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55GAUgjpDQA
    If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away by Justin Moore
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Jason, I think your son is blessed to have a father like you.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Jason thanks needed that! Made me think of a lot of people who have gone and some who are still here I am very guilty of letting life get in the way it's good to remember how lucky we are to have the families we were blessed with. I was younger at the time late 20's and had all 4 of my sons with me at Sears when an elderly gentleman approached and asked if they were all mine? Proudly stating that they were. He said something to me that to this day I will never forget, he said "you are a very wealthy man and will be for the rest of your life" at the time I smiled and said thank you, but it was not until the last few years with one son going off to college and the twins being 2 years from graduating high school and the youngest being a freshman that it has became clear what he meant. Funny how you remember things like that from just a passing moment.
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

Somewhere I actually have a newspaper pic of a VW Beetle on our high school roof! The class the year before us did it.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Thank you for the words and the video......

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Somewhere I actually have a newspaper pic of a VW Beetle on our high school roof! The class the year before us did it.
    I have to agree that those were good days to be in high school, it sounds way more fun than the version that I went to. It also seems that quite a few VW bugs were put on roofs, what I find odd is no one ever says how they got up there.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~