The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pro plan

Dogfoodadvisor.com is not a research based evaluation. It is based on the author's personal biases against grains and other specific ingredients. There are no studies to back up much of anything there.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    The validity of dogfoodadvisor has been debunked many times over. You could probably do a keyword search here on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    Dogfoodadvisor.com is not a research based evaluation. It is based on the author's personal biases against grains and other specific ingredients. There are no studies to back up much of anything there.
    Guess I'll be doing some more reading. Thanks.

So who all on here has switched from pro plan to this Fromm food that everyone keeps suggesting? If so how are stools, coats, etc? I looked up the ingredients and everything looks good about it. Decent price too. Send me a PM if any of you e made the switch

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas2256 View Post
    So who all on here has switched from pro plan to this Fromm food that everyone keeps suggesting? If so how are stools, coats, etc? I looked up the ingredients and everything looks good about it. Decent price too. Send me a PM if any of you e made the switch
    I switched from PP to Fromm this past Fall
    And yes coats are much improved. Energy level is good as well
    Even my fussy girl does not give me flack on this food as she did on PP

I have it delivered from a cmpany on line via Fed X. No shipping or tax but I am sure that cost is included in the price. Just looks real good.

Which Fromm are y'all feeding? I currently feed pro plan and my pup has good stools but I'm scared he may have a little allergy/itchy skin.

Switched to Fromm and dogs are doing great! Shiny coats, small stools and good energy! As an added bonus, its made in my home state of Wisconsin!!!!

What adult version of Fromm do y'all go to? What's the equivalent of PPP lrg puppy and equivalent to PPP 30/20?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    As are most rating sites. People should simply consult breeders, trainers, hunters etc etc for opinions on dog food. And look at the manufacture concerning the number of recalls they may have had.

There is no one source that can give you an absolute answer as to the best dog foods.

I feed pups Fromm Large breed puppy and adults Fromm Gold. I had a lab in the past that had allergy problems that did good on Fromm 4 star surf and turf. I tried Fromm after reviewing ingredients with a buddy that is a vet and have been very pleased with results.