The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a house in Boston, Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post
    Update, we had a great time at the Tall Pines trial.
    The house had good Karma for the Glen and Jenny Guider.
    Glen, took 2nd in the Q, 2nd in the Derby and fourth in the AM.
    The house may have had bad Karma for me and Reese!!!
    After running a nice land blind at the AM, in the rain, we hauled
    arse to the house to meet the fence guy. When Glen and Jenny
    got back to the house, we were sitting on the front porch.
    Reese, jumped up on Jenny's lap and when she was coming down
    caught her right leg in the side of the chair. Twist, Sprain, Ouch,
    and just like that we are done. She would not put any weight on the
    leg and Sunday morning we went to the trial to see Dr. Jennell and not
    run a water blind. Long story short, she is gonna be OK and is getting
    a week off the truck and at home. I should have listened to Jason Baker.
    Jason said " go get her from Al's truck, run her in the AM and take her back to Al's truck."
    I did not take her back to Al's truck because the AM was 8 miles from the open and I would
    have been late to meet the fence guy. I know BONEHEAD!!!

Anyway, the house is really coming along and my work has evidently inspired my neighbor
    to clean up his side of our shared pond. It looks awesome. I sent some pics to my Tech Guru
    "Roseberry" maybe he can post a few.
    Greg, what a story! Glad to hear that Reese will be ok, but tough break! Sounds like you are pretty busy down their!! Ella picked up a 3rd at Colonial and we are heading to Westchester tomorrow!

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    I was hunting about 15 miles south of Boston this past Sunday morning and as I was heading back thru Boston on the way to the Tall Pines trial, I saw some very impressive technical ponds on Grooverville Rd. Those yours??
    I wish those ponds were mine, the property on the left is Dubose and on the right is Rasmussen's previously Rovelstadt's.
    My little place is a rocks throw to both of those fabulous properties.
    Were you turkey hunting? Did you get a gobbler?
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH
    Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post
    Greg, what a story! Glad to hear that Reese will be ok, but tough break! Sounds like you are pretty busy down their!! Ella picked up a 3rd at Colonial and we are heading to Westchester tomorrow!

Chris
    Way to go Ella on the 3rd, good luck in NY.
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH
    Buck

No gobbler on this trip, Gregg; but didn't hunt as late as I usually do due to wanting to get back to Meigs to see my dog run. He did win the derby though so it was worth it!
    I did see some guys working dogs on the property that was on my right as I was heading north towards Boston. I hope they give you a key to the gate so you can invite me down.

Quote Originally Posted by featherqwest View Post
    Well I am headed down to the land of my granfather and grandmothers from the Sellman lines this summer. The people in Crawdad nebraska have wax in the the sand dunes. Bison Ga sounds like a wonderful place to camp. In a tent or in the sandunes?

Oh well me and the monsters goldens are headed out. The correction officers little kids loved koa. Koa didn't like the eye pokes. He is nice dog but not at all gun shy. Headed to North of Vermonts di mornings
    I'm trying to figure out if this is the result of good drugs, or bad drugs?
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Me and featherquest speak cryptics.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post

Chris
    Gregg hard to look back, but I am glad he is okay. Rest will be good.

Chris nice going!!!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Same for me Howard, I think about $6.00 worth would do me for about a month!!!
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    No gobbler on this trip, Gregg; but didn't hunt as late as I usually do due to wanting to get back to Meigs to see my dog run. He did win the derby though so it was worth it!
    I did see some guys working dogs on the property that was on my right as I was heading north towards Boston. I hope they give you a key to the gate so you can invite me down.
    Nice job on the Derby win Vic, Where do you live?
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Buck

I'm in Albany. Yes, the Derby win was fun. He still has about 5 1/2 months left in Derby competition so I'm hopeful about his outlook.