The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a house in Boston, Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    I'm in Albany. Yes, the Derby win was fun. He still has about 5 1/2 months left in Derby competition so I'm hopeful about his outlook.
    Good luck with him, don't over due the derby if you want a well rounded all age dog.
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck

Vic definitely has a nice pup.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

Good advice. Gregg, and thanks. He's doing triples very well now and will get into Quals in a few months. He's also working on getting his MH passes, too, so we'll see how it all works out. In the middle of all that he gets most excited when we go my farm as he knows the duck pond is nearby. Trials are fun but the real thing is better!
    Last edited by Spring; 05-10-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David McLendon View Post
    Vic definitely has a nice pup.

Thanks, David. Great meeting you at the SW Ga trial. Hope to see you at more along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    Good advice. Gregg, and thanks. He's doing triples very well now and will get into Quals in a few months. He's also working on getting his MH passes, too, so we'll see how it all works out. In the middle of all that he gets most excited when we go my farm as he knows the duck pond is nearby. Trials are fun but the real thing is better!
    Yep, Farm=Fun Trial=Tough he knows!!!
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck

Update on the house in Boston.
    The Grader is coming today to backfill the kennel pad and do some shaping, leveling and seeding on the rest of the property.
    We are planting a new super duper centipede, $85.00 for 10lbs. of seed. I hope we get rain and this stuff takes root.

The floor guy came yesterday and measured the entire house for a new fiberglass backed vinyl that floats and is not glued.
    The material looks like hardwood with many colors and plank sizes. Does anyone have any experience with this flooring?
    I only want to do this once, at 98 cents a sq. ft. for the material, the price seems right.

Reese, is fully recovered from her injury and we are going to Madison, Ga. today to train with Al and then she's back on the truck.
    She has thoroughly enjoyed her time at home and is looking forward to the trip up the east coast for all the trials and training.
    Well, that's what she told me yesterday!!!
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Buck

Gregg. Can you clear your PM box? Thanks.
    Tom Dorroh

Boston update, I bought a new TV for my bedroom at home.
    I am taking the 42" LCD to Boston for the living room.
    When Reese gets home from the east coast run we are going to Boston
    for a week or so. I have the kennel barrels and pvc stands ready to go.
    I need to pull up all the carpet and prep the floors for the vinyl guy.
    Gonna be hot!!!
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Buck

The trailer is loaded to the top with furniture, dog houses and lawn equipment.
    I have to go remove all the carpet and prep the floors for the vinyl guy.
    I want to install the fence and floors on this trip and the only things to
    finish will be exterior stucco repairs and painting. When my stucco guys return
    from their summer trip to Romania, we will go do the remaining work in July.

Then it's time for fun trips to train, fish and hunt.

If you are interested in renting see the classifieds please.
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Buck

Gregg,

sounds like a lot of work is coming together.....congrats on the new place!

PS.....I saw Reese with Al this weekend in Maine and gave him a big belly rub for you!!!!

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)