RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Just bought a house in Boston, Ga.

23K views 111 replies 24 participants last post by  golfandhunter 
#1 ·
I am all jacked up, just bought a house in Boston, Ga. The Winter Training Mecca.
I am renovating the entire deal inside and out. Also adding kennels and airing area.
Can't wait to move in after repairs, I will also rent to the right folks.
See my add on the realestate section.:D

#43 ·
I don't know about anybody else, but I am totally enjoying this exchange between Bridget and Greg! LOL! Such cute little love birds....

#44 ·
I got a call today, all the new windows and doors will be delivered to my shop on Wednesday.
I have all the appliances and furniture staged and ready in the warehouse. I will take one of my
crews and a big trailer to Boston on Sunday. Monday, they will demo an old carport/shack and start
replacing windows and doors. Tuesday, the landscape guys will clean up the entire property and grade
for the kennel pad. Wednesday, pour concrete pad, and continue whole house renovation.
If all goes well, I will get the guys started every morning then go meet Jim and Craig to train with
Sniper and Flash. Top of the week running PRTA in Pavo with Reese.
Oh yea, got to make sure my crew finishes and send them home on Sunday.
It's gonna be a busy week but I'm looking forward to wearing all the hats!!! :D

#45 ·
Good luck to you. Sounds like it will be more than busy. When you are finished with those windows I have a front picture window that needs a storm window on it!!!!!:):) Have fun!! Hope Reese does well!!

#48 ·
I am all for it, great idea!!!

#50 ·
Update, we are finally moving back into my office/warehouse building 13 months after a fire.
What a nightmare with county inspectors and the fire marshall. The party starts at 7:30 this morning.
It's gonna be 3 days of Hell and I dread it, but the bright side is when we finish, I will be loaded with
supplies and headed to Boston for a week of work on the house. Also will get to train with Sniper and Flash.

Come on by and help us move if your bored, having pizza for lunch.

#52 ·
Second day of moving back into the office/warehouse.
It has not been fun, we should finish tomorrow if the gods say ok!!!

#53 ·
We finally finished moving back into the office.
I don't think I have ever been this tired and sore in my entire life.
Good side, the truck and trailer are loaded to the top with supplies
for the Boston house. Gonna eat Easter lunch with my neighbors and hit the road.
My crew will leave about 3:00, I will go by the house and turn on the water and power
and unhook the trailer. I am staying in T-ville in the motel and the guys are staying in the house.
Work starts at daylight Monday morning but the weather looks rainy for the week.
Hope the weather dude is wrong, the grader is coming Tuesday and concrete is scheduled for Wednesday.
Wish us luck please.

#58 ·
Good luck Gregg..hope the rain holds off for the crew!

Chris

#54 ·
Drought prevention measure #1: Order a concrete pour. Good luck, I do hope you get your projects done. I'll be happy to take that moisture from you!

#55 ·
We were pouring concrete on a Saturday. The truck pulls up and the driver was getting things ready. We said is this your only job today? He says, I had more, but since it's supposed to rain everyone cancelled. We asked if he was kidding since we hadn't heard.

He says matter of factly that they have something now that'll fix concrete that has been rained on before it cures...

A jackhammer.

#56 ·
Good luck , Honey!!! I hope yours is better than mine.....Lotto regards BB

#57 ·
Good luck Gregg!!!!There are heavy storms slated that way.

And John hope you got the concrete poured before the rain!

My only concern is we are not getting enough rain. It is going to be a long hot summer folks.

Happy Easter to you all!

#59 ·
Thanks everyone, me and Flash made it to T-ville. Stopped in Boston, dropped the trailer
and unloaded the truck. The boys just got to the house and are setting up bedding etc.
Me and Flash have got to crash, need rain dances for good weather!!!! :D

#60 ·
Well the weather has been beautiful and much work has been done.
The place looks totally different, the landscapers have removed several trees
and have cleaned around half of the pond. We burned big time yesterday and
should finish today. The concrete guy is coming to form this afternoon and pour
Thursday morning but the forecast is 90% rain. Those of you that wished this good
weather, please get us one more day to get the pad poured.

Been training everyday with Sniper and Flash, Flash, is swimming like a fish and at 18 weeks
I am very pleased with his progress. He will be going home to Wisconsin with Jim and Craig
in 2 weeks. I'm gonna miss him, he is my little boy. Gotta go to work.

#61 ·
worthless without pictures!! No rain dance for Gregg

#62 ·
Yea, I know, got them on my I phone, but to dumb to post.

Can anybody hep me?

#63 ·
Got rained out at 2:30pm yesterday after the concrete forms went up.
But, the rain stopped about 9:00 last night and somebody did a no rain
dance for me and we poured at 10:00 this morning. All is good, no rain all day. :cool:
We are rolling, my boys should be out of here by Saturday night.

Going to the giant PRTA trial tomorrow, will be interesting to see the first in the open and Am? :rolleyes:

#67 ·
Oh goody!! The dancing worked!!! Sure was a sight to behold though!!

#71 ·
gregg,

posted them for you. the place is lookin' great. keep up the good work! bb hope you like it?

jmc

View attachment 12278 View attachment 12279 View attachment 12280 [/QUOTE

Hey John, thanks for posting pics. The place looks completely different and we are making progress.
I am taking another trailer load of furniture and equipment to the house this Thursday.
Meeting the electrician Friday morning and the kennel/fence guy. The carport kennel cover is being
installed Friday afternoon. My neighbor has her friend doing a top to bottom interior cleaning and I am
staying in the house this weekend.

I am taking Flash with me and he is going home to Wisconsin with Craig on Sunday.
I am gonna miss him, but he needs to be worked everyday, I am just to busy at work.
Hopefully, he will thrive at Right Start Kennel along with Sniper. I am very excited about
my two Boys. :D

#70 ·
Thanks Mike, we did not do very well this weekend, but Flash was a superstar.
We did a mini swimby and he did awesome. I will send pics soon.

#73 ·
Thanks Mary Lynn, The concrete pad is 21' x 21' and sloped from the center out to the sides.
The carport/kennel cover is 20' x 20' and will be anchored to the concrete. I will install 5 runs
on one side and have parking on the other side.

The interior is done except for lighting which is being done Friday and carpet, which will have to wait
till fall. The cleaning lady finished yesterday, looking forward to staying tonight.

#74 ·
How far do you live from there Gregg? What a great place to have! My question is for people that may want to rent it , how accessible are the premier grounds? Can you pay to play ?

#75 ·
Hey Bridget, I live 4 hours drive to the house. The top grounds are difficult to get on during the winter
because the pro's rotate on them Monday to Friday. But, there are plenty of places that can be accessed
if you know a few folks. I do not know of any pay to play grounds. But if you have a dog with one of the
many pro's that winter in S. Ga. or N. Fla. the house is in a prime location for training and trials.

#76 ·
Well, I left Friday morning instead of Thursday, because the electrician had an emergency.
I stopped at Wendy's for a quick bite on the way. Ate on the road and started feeling strange
on the ride. I arrived to meet the carport guys and the electrician, managed to get the trailer
unloaded and felt horrible. I went in the house and proceeded to throw my guts up and liquid
out the other end. I could not stop and took my self to the urgent care center in T-ville about
6:30pm. I have a cast iron stomach, but had a bad case of food poisoning. I feel better today
but my skinny ass has lost 12lbs. in 3 days and I still ain't right.

Got the carport and electrical work completed. I also met with the fence/kennel guy and he will
install the week of the Tall Pines Trial before we arrive for the trial.

I will send a few more pics to my buddy Roseberry and see if he will post a few more. ;)

#81 ·
Thanks Mary Lynn, I don't think it was flu. You are correct, I have been running hard, but it was something I ate.
After a couple bags of IV I felt much better, today I am almost back to normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.