The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Shipping puppy question.

Default Shipping puppy question.

I have never ship out a puppy before so I need some help from you guys. I am wanting to ship one of my 8 week old puppy to a family out of state, I read somewhere saying that to ship a puppy you must have a health certificate from a Vet and proof of vaccination. One of the question I have is that what kind of shots do they require for shipping? I buy my own shots and administer them myself and the shots are the Solo-Jec 5 Plus Canine Distemper-Adenovirus Type-2-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus. Do they require a license Vet to do the Shots? I still have the receipt of the Vaccine that I bought so can I use that as proof of Vaccination? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The health certificate must be issued within 10 days of shipment . Its worth the $ to have the vet give the shots for the shipped pup. Best to have all your ducks in a row before you head to airport, because they don't let things slide.
    The airline you are using should have all the requirements on their website,including vaccinations.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

The airlines require a Rabies vacc . there is no requirement for any others- but if a pup is too young, just have hte vet state "Too Young" on the rabies section of the HC. I vaccinate myself too but dont use the "SoloJec", you might see what your vet uses and use that if you want to do your own. I dont think the Solojec is one that is suggested by most. On the HC, you should have vet note whatever wormer thats been used and any other valuable information....
    Yes the HC needs to be done by a vet within 10 days of shipment- hope this helps..
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Thank you all!!!