The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Esprit's Out of the Woods ???

Default Esprit's Out of the Woods ???

I've seen Tiger in a lot of pedigrees and he was apparently a heck of a sire and I would imagine a heck of a dog. Just curious as to why he never titled? Also curious as to the qualities that made him so desirable as a stud even though he was not titled (I know the title does not make the dog but it is rare to see). I certainly don't want anything bad said about anyone's dog but it is something I've wondered for quite some time and no one I know has been able to answer. PM if you prefer.

If you search Esprit out of the Woods (Tiger) there is a thread about him from a few years back that talks about it. Sounds like he just never got his open win. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dpate View Post
    I've seen Tiger in a lot of pedigrees and he was apparently a heck of a sire and I would imagine a heck of a dog. Just curious as to why he never titled? Also curious as to the qualities that made him so desirable as a stud even though he was not titled (I know the title does not make the dog but it is rare to see). I certainly don't want anything bad said about anyone's dog but it is something I've wondered for quite some time and no one I know has been able to answer. PM if you prefer.
    Have you ever looked at Tiger's pedigree...it's impressive...He has 17 Titled offspring, and 5 Titled siblings (littermate to FC AFC Candlewoods Rita Reynolds, and is a full brother to FC AFC Creek Robber)

I am biased because we had a female named Kate (lost her last summer to cancer) ...and she might have been one of the straightest lining dogs I have had the pleasure of training with and hunting along side...She was also a very good marker....

Tiger dogs can mark...and they are good to above average lining dogs YMMV
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"