The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking of Putting Deposit on First Hunting Pup *Pedigree*

Senior Member webfootkennel of IL's Avatar

Hey MD! I wouldnt wait to put the deposit down.
    I sent a customer that way 2 weeks ago. These should be great puppies to train, Ive trained 4 out of Morgan 2 males 2 females and had good results , plenty of brains and desire. would also suggest getting the Bill Hillman Training video before your puppy arrives.
    you can see 2 of the Morgan offspring on my website www.webfootkennel.com look for Captain Morgans EL Nino (EL)and Captain Morgans Rum Runner (rummy) both Black, I have 2 Morgan pups in training now at 5 mos both Yellow.
    www.webfootkennel.com

Dogtra Field Staff

That Morgan sure is becoming common...ha! He even has pups in Australia!

My two Morgan litters are young, 15 weeks and 8 weeks. The pups love to retrieve, outstanding "hunt" for pups so young, water attitude remarkable for age. Not one complaint! Temperaments WOW. Tails never stop wagging.

Have plenty of photos and video...one showing a wee pup at 8 weeks of age swimming across a pond to retrieve...such a non cheaty heart to boot.
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

sometimes poop under my boots.

Hey labradors used to be used to retrieve fishing nets. Here is one of my Morgan youngster fishing! ha!

So many fun silly photos, but great fun.

Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

sometimes poop under my boots.

Looks like a fine breeding, a breeder with a good reputation and a very reasonable priced litter. Put your money on the table and play the game!

OH, I forgot to mention, the only thing I see wrong is it won't be yellow.

I am Morgan's owner and would like to thank all of you who said nice things about Morgan ( or, at least his pedigree!). Most of what has been said I agree with wholeheartedly and a few things I would disagree with or have a slightly different take. That said I'll chime in a bit. Barb is a wonderful person to deal with and does an equally good job of raising nice pups. When we had Roxy, the female, in for breeding she was pleasant in all ways. I also had the opportunity to train with Roxy and Marty ( Barb's husband, when I was there to do a breeding and I was impressed with her style and marking ability. She's working on handling and Marty had her doing some tough drills and she seemed very willing. Roxy is the littermate of Barb's Chicka who made the National Derby List in only 7 or 8 runs. So even though I am somewhat biased, I would jump at the litter no matter what my goals for the pup. Also Morgan has more clearances than those listed. They can be seen on our website, www.blindfaithretrievers.com.
    Blindfaith
    The beginning is often scary, the end is usually sad, but fortunately, it's the middle that counts the most.

I bought a male pup 7 yrs ago from Barb Kirby. I am very happy with my choice.

I own a Morgan Puppy and couldnt be happpier. Nash .... BlindFaith's Burt Becker Magnum. Raising Nash has been a blast. Nash just turned 4 and was a MH before 2.5 years and is also a HRCH. Nash has Failed just one Finished/ Master level event out of 20. His twin brother True.... BlindFaiths True Spirit is also a MH and is QAA. Maple Creeks Captain Morgan, the sire is also QAA, with MH and HRCH titles to his credit . It looks like to me that depending on what the owner wants to accomplish and if their training regiment focuses on a goal its achievable. The dogs are sociable, intelligent, trainable, and posess outstanding health clearances and if I dont mind saying good looking. I wouldnt hesitate a moment to have another.
    HRCH BLINDFAITHS BURT BECKER MAGNUM MH
    nashatstud.com