The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sequester? Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxiT30N6ti4

Just a movie, but look around at the world 37 years later....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    So my take, that you were pointing out that foreign aid is not such a big number when seen in perspective, was reasonably close to the mark.

As 1.4% of annual Federal expenditures, 50 billion is disproportionate to what I think that we ought to spend for nation building. The equivalent of 1.8% of the federal spending that is used for illegal drugs is just mind boggling. Do you suppose that any other relevant nation spends the equivalent of 1.8% of its federal spending on drugs?

We could probably cut that WAY down and add money to local, state, and federal coffers if we would just legalize (and tax) most of the currently illegal drugs. (did you catch that the publication you linked was from 2000?)
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Our country has excelled at throwing good money after bad for decades. As long as I have been alive, at least. All it has taken is a handful of people from some third world nation to say; "we want our country to be a democracy", and the money and American blood flows. Very few of these Nations have succeeded in their quest for a democratic political system based on law, and to my knowledge, none of them have repayed their debts.

Don't get me started on the war on drugs. We had already proved that model wouldn't work when we tried to prohibit the sale and use of alcohol.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Our country has excelled at throwing good money after bad for decades. As long as I have been alive, at least. All it has taken is a handful of people from some third world nation to say; "we want our country to be a democracy", and the money and American blood flows. Very few of these Nations have succeeded in their quest for a democratic political system based on law, and to my knowledge, none of them have repayed their debts.

Don't get me started on the war on drugs. We had already proved that model wouldn't work when we tried to prohibit the sale and use of alcohol.-Paul

This article this ran in the local newspaper where I work. The Sheriff blames entitlement programs for funding the drug trade.

http://www.maysville-online.com/news...0b0897de1.html

Sometimes the insanity in which we choose to live just depresses me.

Tax Payers are burdened enough! Just eliminate the money spent on Foreign Aid and the Drug War and eliminate them from the budget altogether.

The leading candidate for the next Pakistani head-of-state is running on an anti-American platform! And, he wants to leave the Talban alone in the northern provinces! Just another example where our current Foreign Policy is growing Islamic terror.

All our Drug War has accomplished has been in making the Drug Cartels rich beyond imagination all the while increasing the incentives for the illegal drug trade.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

We could probably cut that WAY down and add money to local, state, and federal coffers if we would just legalize (and tax) most of the currently illegal drugs.
    However, if you noted what is coming about due to Obamacare, you probably will be eliminated from most kinds of medical care If the govt bureaucracy decides that your unhealthy lifestyle makes you "undeserving" of care, you could be denied anything but emergency medical care.

So, govt will get more money so they can control lives more fully?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    However, if you noted what is coming about due to Obamacare, you probably will be eliminated from most kinds of medical care If the govt bureaucracy decides that your unhealthy lifestyle makes you "undeserving" of care, you could be denied anything but emergency medical care.

So, govt will get more money so they can control lives more fully?
    I don't think the gov't is going to decide your lifestyle is unhealthy in order to refuse treatment if you're a junkie. More likely you'll then fit in a protected class entitled to special benefits including medical treatment.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    A quick google search (obama care denies based on lifestyle") found only one reference to this in a blog that referenced another conservative blog. Would you please provide some relevant evidence for your claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I don't think the gov't is going to decide your lifestyle is unhealthy in order to refuse treatment if you're a junkie. More likely you'll then fit in a protected class entitled to special benefits including medical treatment.
    But chubby tobacco users don't require any special treatment. Too bad. The chubbies and smokers might be part of the more productive citizens compared to spaced-out junkies.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.