The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sequester? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    It's very possible that a large percentage of posters here are talking to themselves....
    Wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Wishful thinking?
    No...he's talking to himself
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Wishful thinking?
    No. Just an observation. On the the first page there are 6 or 7 threads with 0 replies and many views. There is also a handful with only 1 or 2 replies out of several hundred views. Whoever the OP is talking to, it appears to be no one here.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

No. Just an observation. On the the first page there are 6 or 7 threads with 0 replies and many views. There is also a handful with only 1 or 2 replies out of several hundred views. Whoever the OP is talking to, it appears to be no one here.
    Do you think the number of replies indicates the interest or non interest in a thread or its subject? If you are correct then news papers based on its letters to the editor are talking to themselves and those that pay for them just do so for giggles. Have you considered that the many views with no replies just might indicate that those that view them because they respect the person that initiated the thread and want to know what he or she has come up with?

Maybe to correct any misconception, one should post a reply stating that the appreciate the thread but have no comment. But then again who would care to read such replys other that maybe you?

Back to the topic. Here's one for bipartisan stupidity.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...gress-insists/
    Congress insists on giving the Army more tanks that the Army says it doesn't need.

This seems to be the kind of dumbness that we have seen in the gun control legislation. People who know nothing about the issue make laws & allocate funds for stuff. Micro-management at its worst. If these Congress critters are so smart about Army needs, why aren't they in the Army instead of sitting comfy in DC?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I would disagree with your line as you are easy to disagree with . This is not a social media forum so when the dozen or so who put some thought into the process post, there are many times when a reply is unnecessary as they covered all the bases . Please note, you are not included in that group, so when there is no reply to whatever you post it means people think you are out in some pasture somewhere.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Gerry,
    FWIW I read just about every one of your posts.
    Please keep them coming..............
    I agree 100%!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I would disagree with your line as you are easy to disagree with . This is not a social media forum so when the dozen or so who put some thought into the process post, there are many times when a reply is unnecessary as they covered all the bases . Please note, you are not included in that group, so when there is no reply to whatever you post it means people think you are out in some pasture somewhere.

Just wondering if the "out in a pasture somewhere" comment is a shot or envy? Seems like many on here probably spend many a treasured hour "out in a pasture somewhere". It's where I do some of my best thinking as well as where I do some of my best decompressing. Just got in from a pasture myself less than an hour ago. Spent about 4hrs sitting in a photo blind hoping for 'yotes to no avail, then filled some feeders. Will be going out to same pasture in about an hour and a half to spend the rest of the day sitting in another blind hoping for ducks and shorebirds (and maybe some deer or 'yotes coming in for a drink). Love being "out in a pasture somewhere) myself, just wish it paid better..
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Just wondering if the "out in a pasture somewhere" comment is a shot or envy? Seems like many on here probably spend many a treasured hour "out in a pasture somewhere". It's where I do some of my best thinking as well as where I do some of my best decompressing. Just got in from a pasture myself less than an hour ago. Spent about 4hrs sitting in a photo blind hoping for 'yotes to no avail, then filled some feeders. Will be going out to same pasture in about an hour and a half to spend the rest of the day sitting in another blind hoping for ducks and shorebirds (and maybe some deer or 'yotes coming in for a drink). Love being "out in a pasture somewhere) myself, just wish it paid better..
    Where I grew up our nearest neighbor was over a mile away so we had more than our share of pasture , or in other terms space. My reference was to that occasional critter that believes loco weed is a treat, as JD & a few others on this forum seems to have eaten more than their share.

As a camera person you would love living where we do on a wildlife corridor of private property. The other day we watched a coyote stay on the outside of a berm to attempt a sneak on some of the geese & ducks on the pond in front of our house, as the crow flies about 75 yards away . On clearer days the sunrise's over the Cascades can be spectacular, though most places we have lived in our illustrious country can accomodate one on the spectacular part of a sunrise or sunset. & yesterday we were treated to our 1st hen with her baby ducks. They are really neat as they get older & jump clear out of the water to grab a bug.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ............................ just wish it paid better..
    It pays well, just not in money I'm convinced that many with mental illness would benifit with some of this therapy ( at least in some cases, not all of course ). Got pics of a gopher & even a very poor video. Been trying to catch one where I could get some pictures. Sure gave my spirits a lift. Hope you got the pics that I sent..............poor as they were I just had to share them with somebody. Not open season on anything for me anymore so I hunted wasps & yellow jackets one evening with a butterfly net & hot water. Doesn't kill bees that way. I got 30 in about two hours. No bag limits, don't have to leave the yard and get a little exercise.

P.S. Spelling again.
    Last edited by charly_t; 05-06-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~