The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Box

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan 3x View Post
    I would like to know know where u found one for $300-&400. I have been looking for over a month now and can not find a two hole box for near that. $500 maybe and they never post a pic and when u contact them no reply. So any help on where u found one in that price range would be a big help.
    http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-OWE55...FYpDMgod3j0ALA
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

If you're leaning toward a box and you have any thoughts that you'll get another pup in the near future, you'll save money by just getting a two hole now. I would recommend you get something that the holes themselves are stainless steel. Aluminum dust will stain your dog's coat. Painted aluminum will delay that problem, but eventually wears off and you get the same result.
    Chuck
    HRCH Porjay's She's No Debutante MH "Dixie"
    Wagzu's Mighty Miss. "River"
    SHR Wagner's Courtin the Ducks "Beau"
    Rainbow Bridge - (Meat Dog Extraordinaire) Shoeless Joe Jackson II "Jax"
    www.wagzuretrievers.com
    www.facebook.com/wagzuretrievers

Hi Miriam,

Since you are getting a pup, as others have said I would go for a 2 hole. Check out MTCK.com

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Thanks for the link, seen that one. I thought u were talking about a two hole. I was shopping around for 2 hole and would prefer storage. That is when the price starts to rise. I will probably have to go that route though to keep cost down. Thanks again.
    Bryan Corbett
    Ten Bears Wild Road Trip "Reece"

Thanks for the link, seen that one. I thought u were talking about a two hole. I was shopping around for 2 hole and would prefer storage. That is when the price starts to rise. I will probably have to go that route though to keep cost down. Thanks again.
    Sorry for any confusion Bryan. I agree on 2-holers - I see good used ones at 500.00 or so but they don't last long. I'd have done that eventually even for single dog and accommodating a 2nd but a 5.5 bed isn't conducive for it, if you want space for anything else. Somebody makes a fairly inexpensive utility truck box with a low profile for storage (as well as battery room to run fans). I've just liked the ability to re-arrange the bed with a single box (or two single boxes) since we hunt and test both - and I can do it by myself. Including bringing the dog box indoors, if needed, while traveling.

It's one thing to leave your dog in a box overnight in a hotel lot full of dogs trailers and another off an interstate while hunting.
    Last edited by HNTFSH; 03-24-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

That's a good point! That's something I didn't think of. You know a person could go with two single boxes and just do storage separate. That would give me lots of options. Thanks for getting my brain working.
    Bryan Corbett

I would like to know know where u found one for $300-&400. I have been looking for over a month now and can not find a two hole box for near that. $500 maybe and they never post a pic and when u contact them no reply. So any help on where u found one in that price range would be a big help.
    Try this ,the number shows Jacksonville,IL. I have a box very similar to it ,and it is a solid box.

http://quincy.craigslist.org/spo/3644875965.html
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Miriam we haven't talked in a long while. When I had the topper for my truck it was too heavy for it. I am just now going to a three hole slide in for my new F150. Still pretty pricey but a good safe investment for the dogs. The two hole is much less and you would.get fans and water tank. Drawer system adds to cost and weight but the truck should handle it fine.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Try this ,the number shows Jacksonville,IL. I have a box very similar to it ,and it is a solid box.

http://quincy.craigslist.org/spo/3644875965.html
    Thanks. I seen that one on Craigslist. I shopped Craigslist in AR to IL. I thought that box was the Owens box they send to u and u build. This are like $300 new and I figured pretty cheap. I will look into that one if that is Not what it is. I know I am being difficult but looking for a good, solid box with out paying the new price. ��Good luck to me huh?
    Bryan Corbett

Betty Jennings has a very nice 2-hole Ainley for sale, but u wouldn't be able to lift it out once in place. U can look her up on f.b.