The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eukanuba Price Hike

Default Eukanuba Price Hike

The 44 pound bags of Eukanuba 30-20 are going from $40 to $50 at the local feed store. That is a big price hike. I have fed Euk for 25 years now but I see a parting of the ways in the near future.I am getting tired of these dog food companies either shrinking the bags and not reducing the pricing or hiking the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
    The 44 pound bags of Eukanuba 30-20 are going from $40 to $50 at the local feed store. That is a big price hike. I have fed Euk for 25 years now but I see a parting of the ways in the near future.I am getting tired of these dog food companies either shrinking the bags and not reducing the pricing or hiking the cost.
    Something fishy there but if they are 44 pounds you are still getting a deal. 44 pound bags are generally professional feeding bags and not for retail. I have not checked in awhile but retail bags are either 30 or 35 pounds for that same price. Hard pill to swallow but I'm still sticking with Euk cuz anything that is comparable in quality is going to be comparable in price.

I feed the Euk 30-20 as well, they are 33 lb bags now retail and about 50.00

Quote Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
    Take a look at the meat counter at the store. Everything is up, not just dog food. If you want to blame something, blame the ethanol subsidys.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I pay $50 for the 30 # bags and am fortunate to get it. A small, local feed store orders it for me even though I am the only customer. They have been getting it for me since we moved here 18 months ago and have never upped the price. I'll stick with it! Have tried to change in the past for various reasons, but always come back.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

[QUOTE=Something fishy there but if they are 44 pounds you are still getting a deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are the professional feeding bags. The comments are making me feel more fortunate. The feed store crunched some numbers and said with the price hike Euk is $1.22 a pound. Eagle Power Pac in the 3-20 formula is $1.13 a pound. And they had Iditarod mushers doing the race this year try out Healthwise Active, also 3o-20 and at $1.02 a pound. Mushers reported they liked it and felt it was comprable to Euk. It has no corn or by-products. However first ingred is chicken meal sted chicken. That is the case in both the Eagle Power Pac and Healthwise Active.

Iv'e always felt Euk. was a over priced food to begin with, certainly not worth 1.66 per pound.

I think his location has a lot to do with his local price structure.

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

I pay around $.95 a pound plus tax for Eukunuba. Have not had any issues with it since switching from PPP. Feeding about 1/3 as much for my growing dogs compared to when we were feeding PPP.
    Mike Peters

I just bought 7 PFB of premium performance (44lb) for 40.00 a bag yesterday. I get them from the Euk rep at different shows where they send a truck too. You have to buy 5 for 200.00 to get that price. So it works out to 90 cent/ lb.