RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Did Rex Carr not run in FT?

8K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  EdA 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That is correct. And to think how much all of us would have missed if everyone insisted that he couldn't possibly have any good information to offer, since he didn't run trials. Lucky us!

Evan

#5 ·
a very nice article. I like the very end were Mr. Belmont talks of sending Soupy to Rex at 5 months old. After the evaluation Rex agreed to train them both.
I can only dream. And I do not think "we" (collective) would have missed anything Evan. As it seems all we need to do is look at the Trial success his students had.
Then look at the diferent training books people from Lorie Jolly to Carrol Cassity to Mike Lardy to the long, long, long awaited Bio by Vicky, to yourself. All taken directly from Mr. Carr or directly from somebody on the grounds and look at the Trial success of those video students. It is kinda mind boggling to me that somebody who did not seem to market or sell to the masses his training program was / is able to, influance so many dogs.

#16 ·
And I do not think "we" (collective) would have missed anything Evan. As it seems all we need to do is look at the Trial success his students had.
Well then let me simplify it, Ken. If all had applied that standard (you've got to be a FT hero to know anything) "we" (collective) would have no Trial success to go by. Those who didn't erect that barrier paved the way for the many who followed. I'm so greatful they did (personally).

Here's to open minds.

Evan

#9 ·
#19 ·
I'm sure you're right John. He's a strong supporter of Lardy's work, as am I, and that's pretty much Carr method. It's hard to appreciate one and not the other. We all owe him a lot, even if we don't follow all the methodology. I just have even greater appreciation for how much influences Rex's work has had over the years in spite of his unconventional practice of not trialing. There were surely open minded visionaries who became his clients, and passed along those inovative ideas as years went by.

Evan

#24 ·
Yeah, and he can't seem to remember, "Honcho, part III".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.