The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Rex Carr not run in FT?

L to R, Auggie Belmont, Ed Minnogie, Peter Jones, Jim Weitzel, Charlie Hill, Ray Staudinger

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    L to R, Auggie Belmont, Ed Minnogie, Peter Jones, Jim Weitzel, Charlie Hill, Ray Staudinger
    Too bad you couldn't find someone to take the picture so you could have been in it....just kidding...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Thanks for that picture. It was great. Love that info. The article really shows what Rex Carr did for people and the influence he had on the retrieving world and still has today!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Mary Lynn, thank you for posting that great article from a long lost era where there were actual well written stories in our popular magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Too bad you couldn't find someone to take the picture so you could have been in it....just kidding...

/Paul
    Predates me, I was a first year student in veterinary school when that picture was taken. I judged my first all age stake with Andrius A. (Peter) Jones in 1974 or 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    And I do not think "we" (collective) would have missed anything Evan. As it seems all we need to do is look at the Trial success his students had.
    Well then let me simplify it, Ken. If all had applied that standard (you've got to be a FT hero to know anything) "we" (collective) would have no Trial success to go by. Those who didn't erect that barrier paved the way for the many who followed. I'm so greatful they did (personally).

Here's to open minds.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Well then let me simplify it, Ken. If all had applied that standard (you've got to be a FT hero to know anything) "we" (collective) would have no Trial success to go by. Those who didn't erect that barrier paved the way for the many who followed. I'm so greatful they did (personally).

Here's to open minds.

Evan
    I also read it that way until I finished reading Ken's whole post, I'm not sure but I think you are both on the same side here. Reading the whole post it seems like Ken is very appreciative of Rex Carr and his very impressive legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    ........ let me simplify it

Evan
    You can't fool me Evan, thats a line you picked up from Mr. Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    ..... Reading the whole post it seems like Ken is very appreciative of Rex Carr and his very impressive legacy.
    it seems you read very well
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I'm sure you're right John. He's a strong supporter of Lardy's work, as am I, and that's pretty much Carr method. It's hard to appreciate one and not the other. We all owe him a lot, even if we don't follow all the methodology. I just have even greater appreciation for how much influences Rex's work has had over the years in spite of his unconventional practice of not trialing. There were surely open minded visionaries who became his clients, and passed along those inovative ideas as years went by.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

― George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    You can't fool me Evan, thats a line you picked up from Mr. Carr.
    Right your are Ken! And there's a good Rex story attached to it!

Evan

― George Bernard Shaw