The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: bumper boy problem

Default bumper boy problem

One of the units on my new 4 shot will not release the yellow load I am using. The hole you put the load in is very slightly smaller than the other three. Has anyone had this problem and any suggestions for fixing it without damaging things?
    If you play their game train the way they train

I have this problem occasionally. I clean it with a .22 cal. wire brush. Seems to help.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

If it's too small, you probably need to talk to BB. They had an issue long ago (years) about how the extractor was positioned on some units and it would go over the spent shell and actually be on top of it. Maybe it's something like that.

There was something in their literature or manuals about not dry firing the units. Since it's a rimfire cartridge it said the firing pin could hit the side of the barrel if it was fired without a shell to stop the pin. Nicking the inside of the barrel. Perhaps it was dry fired in the assembly process and missed. BB either told me or it's in their literature, that if you did dry fire it to just clean the nicked spot with a file. If it's a warranty issue you probably want to confirm it with them.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham