The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Your exodus isn't the only one going on, Gooser.

Default Your exodus isn't the only one going on, Gooser.

This just came in over the weekend. It appears MANY former friends and business folks in Colorado are not buying into what your Congress critters are legislating. There was also quite a bit of news over the weekend about various county sheriffs not in support of the new laws, to the point of not enforcing them if enacted. Just mebbe there will be an awakening in the state by the folks that never thought something like this could happen, and were willing to put a batch of PC lefties in office. Talk about getting bit in the azz. Never has the addage of "Elections have consequences" been more illustrative.

UB

Magpul pulling out of Colorado:
    http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...way-and-others

(Magpul does multi-million dollar gun related business every year from Colorado)

Another source:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...l-bill-signed/

--------------------------------------------
    Outdoor Channel show pulling out of Colorado:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-colorado.html

Date: Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Subject: OUTDOOR CHANNEL Pulls Productions from Colorado

To: Steve King

Dear Senator King;

I met you yesterday after the so-called "public hearings" on the antigun bills; as I mentioned, I am an Executive Producer for OUTDOOR CHANNEL. I currently have four series in production, included GUN STORIES, the top show on OC, with several additional series in development. My series focus on guns, hunting, shooting and the outdoors.

This morning I met with my three Producers, and we made the decision that if these antigun bills become law, we will be moving all of our production OUT of Colorado. We have already cancelled a scheduled filming session for late this month. Obviously, part of this is due to our own commitment to the right to keep and bear arms, but it also reflects 3 lawyers' opinions that these laws are so poorly drafted and so designed to trap otherwise legal citizens into a crime (one of our attorneys referred to them as "flypaper laws") that it is simply too dangerous for us to film here.
    I can give you chapter and verse on the legal implications if you need, but suffice to say that the first legal opinion was so scary we went out and got two others. Al three attorneys agreed.

We are relatively small potatoes in television, but our relocation of production will cost Colorado a little less than a million dollars in 2013.

Secondly, we have proudly promoted Colorado in our productions (and have been moving more and more production into the state); now we will do exactly the opposite. What does this mean for Colorado? The community of television producers is a small one. Last week I had lunch with a major network producer who was looking to locate his new reality series in Colorado. That producer is also a shooter, and the new reality series will now be based out of Phoenix. That lunch cost Colorado over a million in economic impact.

Thirdly, according to numbers I received from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (for whom I used to work) yesterday, hunting had an almost $800,000,000 impact on Colorado in 2012, driving as many as 8330 jobs. Next month I will be in Texas meeting with most of the top outdoor/hunting producers, and the Number One agenda item will be Colorado. Already, hunting organizations and statewide hunting clubs around the country are pulling out of Colorado, and we expect this trend to accelerate rapidly.
    The message we will take to our viewers and listeners is that these proposed laws are so dangerous to hunters and any other person, be she a fisherman or a skier who brings a handgun into the state for self-defense, that we cannot recommend hunting, fishing or visiting Colorado. We reach millions of people, and, quite frankly, we have a credibility that Colorado government officials can no longer match. Colorado Division of Wildlife is already running ads trying to bring more out-of-state hunters to Colorado...in light of the flood of negative publicity about these proposed laws, I can assure you those ads will fail.

We estimate that as many as one-quarter to one-third of out-of-state hunters will desert Colorado in the next 18-24 months, which will quite frankly be a disaster for the hunting industry in Colorado and have a devastating effect on our western and northern communities (certainly like Grand Junction).

This is not a "boycott" in the traditional sense of a centralized, organized operation; rather, it is more of a grassroots decision on where shooters, hunters and other sportsmen are willing to spend their money. Look at the collapse of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in February. That venerable multimillion dollar trade show chose to ban modern sporting rifles and standard capacity magazines, and with three weeks it collapsed as all vendors and sponsors pulled out.

Colorado is going to pay a huge price for laws that will do nothing.

Thank you, sir, for your support.

Best.

Michael Bane
    OUTDOOR CHANNEL
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Uncle Bill,
    If Brains were Gas,
    Our Gov Hickenlooper woudnt have enough gas to drive a Pissant on a Harley around the inside of a Cheerio!!!
    HRCH Rocky Mountain Rosco SH (RIP)
    HRCH Satins Jumpin Jedi MH (600+points)
    HRCH 4X GMPR KB's Snakey Jake of Poudre River MH (600+points)
    HRCH APR Lady Satin of Black Forest JH
    HRCH MPR KB's It Showtime of Bearpoint (Star) JH
    HRCH KB's Loaded to go Allie SH
    HRCH 2XGMPR KB's Blazin White Thunder (Blaze) SH
    HRCH 4XGMPR KBs Right To The Point Ike SH
    HRCH 3XGMPR KBs Hunters Dream JH
    HRCH GMPR KBs They Call Me Beau JH
    HR 2XGMPR KBs Princess Sage JH

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Eskam View Post
    Uncle Bill,
    If Brains were Gas,
    Our Gov Hickenlooper woudnt have enough gas to drive a Pissant on a Harley around the inside of a Cheerio!!!
    I hear ya, Kev. And I feel for you citizens of a state I used to envy. I'm not sure this will be enough to wake up your voters, just as I'm not sure there are enough real Americans that can any longer overcome the Democrat voters that are only interested in their handouts and freebies from the current regime. As I've stated in other posts, if the numbers aren't changed in Congress in 2014, The nation will be lost until there is another revolution. Keep your guns and ammo in a safe place, because the lefties will continue to be relentless in coming after the constitutionally law abiders.

UB

Dear Guns & Patriots reader,
    Weeks ago, I started making the point that the ban on "assault weapons" was the distraction and background checks was the real goal of the opponents of gun rights.

What is the problem with background checks?

1. Rights protected by the Constitution are not subject to the whim of a bureaucrat.
    2. Gang bangers, terrorists and folks deprived of their gun rights will not submit to background checks, so the only people playing this game will be people who will pass anyway.
    3. The easiest way to start building a national gun registry is to keypunch in every gun that transfers ownership.
    4. If all gun transfers must pass through a centralized hub, the background check, then whoever controls the hub can stop gun sales, transfers at their discretion.
    5. The background check bills will eliminate the American gun shop, which is more than commerce, in fact the gun shop is a staple of our culture.

I mentioned this before, but I am going to run the notice one more week. The GunCount inventory software program we developed for federal firearms license holders is now merged with MyGunDB. It is a fully compatible transition and to make it as easy as possible we built this webpage: http://gandp.mygundb.com/. All commitments for support and upgrades are continued with MyGunDB. Please tell me if you run into any problems.

This week, our roster is full of problems and solutions.

Enjoy!

Neil W. McCabe
    Editor, Guns & Patriots

Here is an example of what we are up against.

I believe most younger people dont have a CLUE as to what the Constitution and the Bill of rights even has in it.
    I believe currently, folks vote and base thier beliefs on Gut feelings, and emotion..
    OH<<<<<< and what they can get for nothing... Nothing in their eyes anyway..

The following is PURE IDIOCY....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ond-amendment/
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

An OLDER guy I work with says (and he means it) that the Constitution is just an "Old Rag" of a piece of paper, that doesnt apply to todays modern times..
    He says its a meaningless document.

he Also states the Bible, is just another version of "Grims Fairy Tales" and folks that want to live their lives based on "Hocus Pocus" should educate themselves ,and get a clue...

Needless tosay,, He and I dont break bread together...

Our culture as AMERICANS is gone... Its our own fault...

Now laws that will be passed, will make me a criminal..
    I would have NEVER thought this would happen.. It did, over night as I had my eyes closed..

Shame on ANY DEMOCRAT gun owner ( or anyone else) for supporting their miserable party..
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 03-27-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Here is an example of what we are up against.

I believe most younger people dont have a CLUE as to what the Constitution and the Bill of rights even has in it.
    I believe currently, folks vote and base thier beliefs on Gut feelings, and emotion..
    OH<<<<<< and what they can get for nothing... Nothing in their eyes anyway..

The following is PURE IDIOCY....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ond-amendment/

"While conventional wisdom suggests that an individual’s right to bear arms is enshrined in the Second Amendment of the Constitution, it is, in fact, a relatively recent interpretation, according to New Yorker writer and legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin."

Don't you love how using the expression "in fact" seems to give what is actually an opinion, greater weight?

I'm no constitutional scholar, but having read some of the comments made by the actual founders concerning gun possession, I really have to question Toobin's thesis.
    Last edited by HPL; 03-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    An OLDER guy I work with says (and he means it) that the Constitution is just an "Old Rag" of a piece of paper, that doesnt apply to todays modern times..
    He says its a meaningless document.

he Also states the Bible, is just another version of "Grims Fairy Tales" and folks that want to live their lives based on "Hocus Pocus" should educate themselves ,and get a clue...

Needless tosay,, He and I dont break bread together...

Our culture as AMERICANS is gone... Its our own fault...

Now laws that will be passed, will make me a criminal..
    I would have NEVER thought this would happen.. It did, over night as I had my eyes closed..

Shame on ANY DEMOCRAT gun owner ( or anyone else) for supporting their miserable party..
    Sounds like someone I work with who the day of the SH shooting said he was gonna order an AR 15 online just to prove he could without going through a background check, he later came to ask me what an FFl was and why he had to ship it to one. He also believes the Constitution can be interpreted to cover cell phones, text messages, the internet etc, but the 2nd only covers muskets.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    "While conventional wisdom suggests that an individual’s right to bear arms is enshrined in the Second Amendment of the Constitution, it is, in fact, a relatively recent interpretation, according to New Yorker writer and legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin."

Don't you love how using the expression "in fact" seems to give what is actually an opinion, greater weight?

I'm no constitutional scholar, but having read some of the comments made by the actual founders concerning gun possession, I really have to question Toobin's thesis.
    Toobin is an analyst that views everything through a Democrat prism. His employment to that rag is based on his being on the same page as that paper's agenda. Just another of the lame street press that is hanging on, so they can continue to spread their propaganda. You are wise to question his views.

UB