The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trace(Hunt Dog) jumps and catches a Canadian Goose

PLEASE just let HPL have the last word!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

I shouldnt say anything, but me and a guy had this disscusion at a field trial. I see both sides of the story.
    I just remember back years ago at a hunter safety course the instructor talking about some people being on the fence. they arnt aginst it or for it. But when someone drives through town with an Elk or Deer strapped to the hood of truck, they jump on the wrong side of the fence.

Man that dog can jump!

OK since I got a PM from someone asking me "why".

I'll clarify it again. Shawn Stahl explained to me why he does not frequent RTF. There are some who don't want to post much here, because to them, some users choose to argue and argue and argue and argue and ..... well you get the point. There are some of those.

But they certainly don't represent the majority of RTF's users.

So I call Shawn to find out if that was indeed his dog and him in a video, that was NOT loaded to that spot on the net by Shawn. Yet it found its way there, and then susequently found its way on to here.

Guys, I get the idea of not wanting to show neck wringing on video. I get it.

Shawn came on here based upon a phone call I made to him and made a post. If you look a the number of posts on this thread and those posting the most, My hunch is HPL has more posts on this thread than anyone else...all stating the same thing..... It is very ironic. HPL wants to arge and argue and argue and argue..... the same point, the same stuff again and again and again.... I get it. Shawn gets it. We all get it.

This is why I just said let's let HPL have the last word. I am not chastising anyone. I am not "coming down" on HPL. I am stating my honest opinion. We get HPL's argument.

I sent the same thing in a PM reply last night. I'd just as soon let HPL have the last word. I am not here to argue with HPL...neither was Shawn Stahl.

I get it. I'm not saying anyone's more right or wrong than anyone else.

I will say that I'm proud to consider Shawn Stahl a friend of mine. In a time when Callmakers, Contest Callers and DVD video makers have had some bigtime media visibility and done the sport some bad, Shawn has done the opposite. Shawn's been a law-abiding example setter and mentor to the Outdoor Sporting industry.... Video/TV production, Instructional materials, Retriever Trials, etc. (He also has a World Champion trophy that nobody can take away) Some others have broken some laws, paid some big penalites, and negatively impacted our sport/reputation. Shawn's integrity and style have counteracted that.

So yeah, I was embarrassed by HPL's persistent re-banging of the same drum. I sometimes feel like my reputation is impacted by the bahaviors of those using RTF. When I invite a friend to take a look and he chooses to go to a place he normally avoids (posting on RTF) and then he gets EXACTLY what he seeks to avoid and has to deal with the outfall, it is embarrassing.

Guys, you can say the "admin" should do this or that. I'm just a human too.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn S. View Post
    HPL,

How come it's okay for Gay's to be out in 2013 but it's not okay for the Real Sportsman to be out and show what really goes down in the field...double standards and bowing to liberals....I'm proud to be a sportsman, my closet door is open and I'm not afraid to show all the things that go along with it.

Shawn Stahl

Well I couldn't care less about gay people or what they do....................however I DON'T wanna see it on video.

Just sayin.

All I'll say OFF TOPIC is this.

The Admin here is completely different than any other forum I've ever been to.

Simply put, forums are PRIVATE PROPERTY. There is no Bill of Rights, no freedom of speech on an internet forum. Anyone can be banned, deleted, erased for any reason the forum owner so decides. There is NO legal repercussion for that.

To include those who have PAID MEMBERSHIPS.

I'm a MOD for several forums on the net and most all of the rule pages on those forums state this quite clearly.

I say that to say this. Any member who causes so much trouble, as to constantly have a cloud of DOOM around them and causes traffic to be directed AWAY from the site, on all other forums I've been on, is dealt with immediately. Why? B/c were all grown up's here. You know how to act and how to stir trouble. If all you ever do is stir trouble, see ya! Ban Hammer. No time for it. But here things are done different and that’s quite alright. I’m a guest here.

So I'm sure the trouble makers here know who they are. In fact some have been removed since I joined just a year ago, THANKFULLY. Even as a boot member I stopped coming here b/c of the negativity of some of members. It was just obnoxious.

Anyway the restraint and tolerance that is shown on this forum by Chris and the MOD Crew is incredible and applauding and I haven't seen anything like it anywhere. Most other places simply will not put up with having to make phone calls and send PM's and all that babysitting mess. MOD's don't get paid people! lol

Just wanted to point that out that some of these folks should be thankful they still have active accounts here.

So, how about that dog eh?
    Last edited by Dustin D; 03-27-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Very cool!

Yeah, the dog video was great!

Sorry Chris, but I'm posting.

I never knew Shawn was into dogs, but I bought his goose calling DVD that was out before he went over to RNT. I was having trouble converting it to my tablet and I found a number on the back of the DVD and I thought I'd call it and see if someone could help me out. To my surprise Shawn himself called me and gave me some info. Class act in my opinion.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Any chance we can get some RNT/RTF calls for whole sale if we all wanted in?