The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trace(Hunt Dog) jumps and catches a Canadian Goose

Hpl ,I understand your point ,but since you quoted and bolded part of my post,I will reply ..... I posted to try to lighted the thread (which you clearly didnt get),you have completely took this thread down hill,and in my personnel opinion you have concerned yourself more with what the anti's want then what is reality and a part of life.
    In any fight I've been in in life ,if you give in you loose ,and you have clearly given in to the anti's by being soooo concerned about what they think.

You cant draw a line in the sand ,then move the line when the opponents step over it. The line is drawn with us and anti's,so we have to stand our ground.

Shawn Stahl. I'm glad you stopped by RTF,but I wish you would stop killing all the geese before they get to Missouri

Chris,it is what it is.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Hpl ,I understand your point ,but since you quoted and bolded part of my post,I will reply ..... I posted to try to lighted the thread (which you clearly didnt get),you have completely took this thread down hill,and in my personnel opinion you have concerned yourself more with what the anti's want then what is reality and a part of life.
    In any fight I've been in in life ,if you give in you loose ,and you have clearly given in to the anti's by being soooo concerned about what they think.

You cant draw a line in the sand ,then move the line when the opponents step over it. The line is drawn with us and anti's,so we have to stand our ground.

Shawn Stahl. I'm glad you stopped by RTF,but I wish you would stop killing all the geese before they get to Missouri

Chris,it is what it is.
    I'm not sticking up for Hugh as I didn't think his post was needed, but I get him, andI don't believe he's giving into the "anti's", he's worried about alienating the great majority of non hunters, who are for the most part ambivilent about hunting. They don't feel strongly either way, and for the most part believe PITA and the like are kooks. We need these guys on our side as they kind of are, but they could be turned off with the right propoganda, or taking some of what we do out of context. As I said, I don't think Hugh's post was necessary as we really don't need to worry about anyone on this forum, but I get him being sensitive about it. Heck I loved the video, the dog launching into the air was awesome, but I have to admit I was starting to cringe as I knew he was going to wring that gooses neck, and I felt myself starting to worry about who might see it and be turned against hunting by it.

On a funnier note, I was hunting in one of the public goose blinds at Tule Lake around November 1969, the guys in the blind next to us dropped a crippled Snow Goose. They ran out, picked it up and took it back into the blind. Suddenly there was a lot of commotion and shouting coming from the blind, then that Snow Goose comes running out of the blind with a pocket knife sticking out of its head! I ran out, grabbed it and wrung its neck, definitely more humane than trying to stab it to death.

John

Trace is a heck of a dog. So was deuce! I've always loved watching them on Shawn Stahl's videos. I own everyone one of Shawn's videos - great entertainment and production. And he and Rick Stawski have also done some great work putting out videos to educate and help the reason we are all on this forum.

Shawn is the consummate hunter and dog person. He works hard and has excelled at many parts of it. He's one of the best callers on the planet and hasn't entered a contest in over 10 years. He could jump on stage with a pvc pipe and a reed and win. Now he designs calls. He produces the best DVD's each year. Not for self promotion either, he just loves what he does. Just to share what he has going. He is the only guy out there that puts out hunting videos with above average dog work on it. And he talks a bit about the dog work in each video. Keep it up Shawn!

Just shows how far down the PC road this country has gone that we even have to worry about all this stuff on a fun video. I knew the thread would go that direction, like John said before the goose was even dispatched...
    (Pretty PC to even say "dispatched"). Damn

Sign of the times...
    Bill Davis

Looks like youtube has pulled the video. Oddly enough, it's for copyright violation, not inhumane treatment of geese. LOL
    Pam
    HR Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

I find it offensive that more bird necks aren't wrung on camera. Hate to see cripples that aren't dispatched as soon as a man gets his hands on them. Showing that respect for the life being taken would also seem the "PC" image to present to the public.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2014-2015 season log)

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Spears View Post
    Looks like youtube has pulled the video. Oddly enough, it's for copyright violation, not inhumane treatment of geese. LOL
    I just saw that and have not been notified why. I never put it on my YouTube Channel, someone must have copied it off Facebook and put it up there. Copying seems to happen quite a bit. I once posted a clip of a snow goose landing on one of our layout blinds, low an behold I got an email several months later saying something like "check this cool clip out" The clip had been re-posted by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Spears View Post
    I did look up Shawn's YouTube to find the video of his dog climbing the bank.
    It's an awesome video! Really shows why having a dog that handles is very much practical for hunting!
    ( my husbands hunting buddies made fun of me for putting in so much time and money into my dog I just ignore them )
    But... One day I hope to be able to handle my dog in a hunting situation like Shawn's video... Just to shut them up a little!

Here's the YouTube link. The videos are very cool. Just scroll down a bit, the hill climbing ones are pretty obvious.
    http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3XVrNyVeLPRkr7ORSQDVcw

Marissa Everett

Instead of focusing on what’s missing, learn to appreciate what’s already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn S. View Post
    I just saw that and have not been notified why. I never put it on my YouTube Channel, someone must have copied it off Facebook and put it up there. Copying seems to happen quite a bit. I once posted a clip of a snow goose landing on one of our layout blinds, low an behold I got an email several months later saying something like "check this cool clip out" The clip had been re-posted by someone else.
    That's pretty much how I wound up calling you. At first I thought "Wow, this looks just like something Shawn has." But when I heard the voices and thought about the dog's name, I though "Hey that IS Shawn!"
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

The 2 hill climbing videos are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa E. View Post
    I did look up Shawn's YouTube to find the video of his dog climbing the bank.
    It's an awesome video! Really shows why having a dog that handles is very much practical for hunting!
    ( my husbands hunting buddies made fun of me for putting in so much time and money into my dog I just ignore them )
    But... One day I hope to be able to handle my dog in a hunting situation like Shawn's video... Just to shut them up a little!

Here's the YouTube link. The videos are very cool. Just scroll down a bit, the hill climbing ones are pretty obvious.
    http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3XVrNyVeLPRkr7ORSQDVcw
    Pam
    HR Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe," MH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ