The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear

Thread: What a year!

Benton, AR

Default What a year!

Well this guy (Roux's Blazin Chocolate Moose) turned 1 today and let me tell you it has been a wild time. (it took 15 mins to get the picture on the right. still better than the new year's eve fiasco where his mama wanted him to where a funny hat.) This is the first dog I've ever been completely responsible for and also paid for. I started out wanting a meat dog, then a dog that i might could run a test or 2, next came wanting to train more for tests, now i'm devoting all my efforts to turning him into a trial dog and hunting will take back seat (although he will get a fair share i'm sure. timber hunting is just tough to do with a dog). We've had some rough times mostly due to handler error. No matter what his mama says he is a dang good dog. But little did i know he was preparing me for what was to come. a month after we brought him home we found out we were expecting our first child. Luckily i had him around to catch more of the hormones than i did so i am eternally in his debt. i know there are many more dogs in my future and more than likely better trained ones but i just find it hard to believe they'll ever hold the spot that he has right now.

Now i'm sure yall are probably wanting to see his brother from a different litter (Carter Harrison Mhoon)

and the family shot (minus the old lady)

Watford, ONT

Very cute the baby of course. Good luck! Thanks for sharing.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Hashtag Mickey

"Donít cry because itís over. Smile because it happened."
    Dr. Seuss