The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trace(Hunt Dog) jumps and catches a Canadian Goose

Default Trace(Hunt Dog) jumps and catches a Canadian Goose

Last edited by Dustin D; 03-28-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Now that is a flush LOL

My previous Lab caught a few grouse like that mid air, but that was an impressive jump!

Daisy.jpg
    Labrador Retriever, a 20g & grouse...is there a better combination?

How do you know the goose was from Canada?
    Every boy should have a dog...and a mother nice enough to let him.

My dog has never failed a test. His owner has only failed to prepare him for the test.

I saw his ID and registration.

Very Cool! That looks exactly like a clip from Fowl Dawgs 4. You should try to edit in slow motion.
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

That clip was used in Fowl Dawgs 4 and a hunt from Fowl Pursuit X DVD. Trace is a QAA "sometimes" trial dog, full time hunting dog out of Chopper x Micki (Little Man x Desi). I've posted a few other clips of him on Facebook scaling walls and most have somehow found their way to YouTube.

Pretty cool, but that guy was foolish to ring the goose's neck on camera. I want to know how the goose ended up just wandering around in the spread with those guys all standing around.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Pretty cool, but that guy was foolish to ring the goose's neck on camera. I want to know how the goose ended up just wandering around in the spread with those guys all standing around.
    That person was me. We were filming for an episode of RNT-V, we were working a big bunch of geese and all that finished was a single, so we sent the dog to kick him up, but he caught him. Goose got injured, so we added it to the bag. As far as dispatching the cripple what's the difference between shooting one and breaking its neck. Everyone that's ever waterfowl hunted more than once has had to do it. Everyone that trains with live flyers has done it. It's simple, quick and effective....AND its a part of the hunt. While I don't agree with glorifying the death of an animal I do believe in keeping things real. I quit sugar coating what we as hunters do in the field to appease the anti's.

Shawn Stahl

I'm a hunter. Have been since I first went dove hunting with my grandfather when I was about 7 yrs old (1962). Have wrung plenty of necks, pulled heads off, walked up and shot wounded deer, hogs, and nilgai in the head, and shot hogs in traps. I get what happens in the field. The goose was injured. It's humane to wring the neck. Better death than most wild creatures get, yada, yada, yada, but if you think hunting is safe in today's society, you are delusional. Haven't I been reading about places where they can no longer use live fliers at hunt tests and field trials? Didn't some midwest state just cancel dove season again (after only having re-instated it a couple of years ago)? Haven't I been reading about gun bans? How hard would it have been to step out of the frame (or edit out that few seconds) to help protect our sport? Hunters are a small minority of the US population. It wouldn't take that much to sway public opinion completely against us. It is foolish to be posting the less attractive parts of our sport for our enemies to see.

If they started running footage of what happens in slaughter houses, there would be a lot more vegetarians.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn S. View Post
    I quit sugar coating what we as hunters do in the field to appease the anti's.
    I wish more hunters out there had this mindset.
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it