The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Supply Recommendations

Default Training Supply Recommendations

It's been a while since I've had to buy training supplies but with a new pup it's time to go shopping. Looking for recommendations on the best place to buy supplies on the internet at the best cost. Seems like wherever I check they either don't have all the items I need (means I have to buy from several places and pay extra shipping) or they are out of stock (MacksPW) as they say it's the end of the season (really? for training?). Just looking to get a 30' Floatying Check Cord, a 6 pack of 2" Flasher Hexa Bumpers and a ATB Lfasher teal. Not like I need alot of stuff right now. Looking for recommendations on where you have had good luck. Thanks for any recommendations!
    Bud
    www.freedomhunters.org
    Hit 'em in the front end!

http://www.gundogsupply.com/

They have always had everything I wanted.

Gun Dog Supply
    Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

"War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it"
    www.freedomhunters.org

Gun Dog Supply! The best! They have the best prices and I had an issue ($20) and they went above and beyond to take care of me for a measly $20. They could have gave me the run around and not messed with me. And yea Mack's prairie, they r full of it. I placed two orders with them and I have never received product. There is always an issue with them. Gun Dog ships fast, they follow up by email and phone call and shipping was like 4.95 on one order, my second order shipping was free. Good luck
    Bryan Corbett
    Ten Bears Wild Road Trip "Reece"

Another one for Gun Dog Supply. They are seldom "out of stock" on the things I need when I need 'em! Prices are fair. Shipping is efficient. I've tried all of them at some time, and this is the "go to" place.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I have used gundogsupply.com, they seem to have everything and more. Dogs afield is a site sponsor I would look there also.

Check out gundogsonline.com ! I recently realized they are in my back yard in CT and Geoff is great to deal with. Lot of good info on their website as well.

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)
    Good Idea's The Cutting Edge- "Edge" 9/29/2014 (Grady x Good Idea's Touch of Class)

gundogsupply.com is good but so is huntemup.com.

David
    David Janusz

HR Turkeycreeks Dash Dash Goose "Dash"
    Rescued GSP named "Daisy"

Dogs Afield was the first sponsor RTF ever had. They are under new ownership and are making some changes. The banner is at the top.

I'd suggest you take a look while comparing.

I'd also suggest you consider making your own check cord! You can customize it and also buy enough supplies to make a few at varying lengths, or leave one in the truck, one on the front porch, one in the shed.....etc.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Thanks All! Great suggestions! I'm sure I'll be picking everyones brains a bit more often here. First pup to train in about 14 years. Probably forgot most of what I knew. Chris, the last one I trained was the "Jeep" pup I had that you saw at a hunt test back near Pittsburgh. She passed about 2 years ago from canacer, and I lost my black male "Tucker" last December. He was almost 15. Here we go again. Looking forward to some of it but dreading other parts, but it will be worth it. The new guy, Angus, is a fireball!
    Bud
    www.freedomhunters.org
    Hit 'em in the front end!