The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Rand Paul, Mike Lee & Ted Cruz Plan to Block Federal Gun Control Legislation

  1. #1
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default Rand Paul, Mike Lee & Ted Cruz Plan to Block Federal Gun Control Legislation

    http://www.kypost.com//dpps/news/reg...lation_8358264

    Looks like another Fillabuster is on the way!

    Rand also announced yesterday that he would be backing Mitch McConnell's reelection bid over any other Repub Tea challenger.

    http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/28/ra...ing-lefties-un
    Last edited by Franco; 03-28-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  2. #2
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    http://www.kypost.com//dpps/news/reg...lation_8358264

    Looks like another Fillabuster is on the way!

    Rand also announced yesterday that he would be backing Mitch McConnell's reelection bid over any other Repub Tea challenger.

    http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/28/ra...ing-lefties-un

    Establishment got to him already, eh?
    Bill Davis

  3. #3
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Establishment got to him already, eh?
    You have got to be kidding! Rand Paul is the most anti-establishment Senator on the hill. Ever think he could be doing what is best for Kentucky? Hell, his endorsement of McConnell has run Ashley Judd out of a possible run. I'm not crazy about McConnell either but he has been supporting Rand's proposed legislation and there in not one Senator putting up as many bills as Rand!

    Rand has already put McCain and Lindsey Graham in their place and has exposed Rubio as the empty suit that he is. What's left of the GOP is rallying around Rand and he is the only hope the GOP has for survival. He is one of the very few leaders they have in the Party because of his Libertarian message. They better hope they don't alienate him!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-29-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  4. #4
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You have got to be kidding! Rand Paul is the most anti-establishment Senator on the hill. Ever think he could be doing what is best for Kentucky? Hell, his endorsement of McConnell has run Ashley Judd out of a possible run. I'm not crazy about McConnell either but he has been supporting Rand's proposed legislation and there in not one Senator putting up as many bills as Rand!

    Rand has already put McCain and Lindsey Graham in their place and has exposed Rubio as the empty suit that he is. What's left of the GOP is rallying around Rand and he is the only hope the GOP has for survival. He is one of the very few leaders they have in the Party because of his Libertarian message. They better hope they don't alienate him!
    But I thought YOU told us the Republican Party was dead, the brand damaged beyond repair....Now are we to believe that Rand Paul is single handedly rescuing the Party from doom and irrelevance

    and the reason Ashley Judd decided not to run is that she didnt have the financial backing, she is going thru a divorce, and although the constituents of KY might like her baring her breasts on camera, she is not who they want representing them in the Senate...McConnell is still very vulnerable, his seat is not safe
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #5
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    But I thought YOU told us the Republican Party was dead, the brand damaged beyond repair....Now are we to believe that Rand Paul is single handedly rescuing the Party from doom and irrelevance

    and the reason Ashley Judd decided not to run is that she didnt have the financial backing, she is going thru a divorce, and although the constituents of KY might like her baring her breasts on camera, she is not who they want representing them in the Senate...McConnell is still very vulnerable, his seat is not safe
    The GOP is damaged goods. Noticed how thay are scrambling to redefine themselves? I don't think anyone but Rand Paul and a conversion to Libertarian principles can save it. Marketing 101 says that once a brand is damaged, there is no saving it. I also said that the GOP establishment would reject Rand. Apparently, the establsihment is weaker than I thought but, in the end they will reject him. The GOP only has two options for becoming relevent. They either adopt the Libertarian Platform or Obamacare turns out to be too much of a burden and does the Dems in for 2014 and 2016. As bad off as the GOP is right now, the Dems aren't that much better off. What we have is two dysfunctional parties going in opposite directions! Doesn't matter how much ass-kissing the GOP does with issues like illegals, gays, other minorities, women's rights, the under 55 year olds, etc., they are not going to support the Repubs and thier outdated platform.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-29-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    716

    Default

    McConnell is in trouble, even for the primary. I personally think Paul is supporting him with a wink. It is hard to believe a true libertarian could make a valid argument for him supporting a Rino which would be the new Speaker. McConnell is already running daily campaign ads, on the radio, and we are almost 2 years away.

  7. #7
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Rand is supporting him because they are the two KY members of the Washington Gentlemens club known as the Senate. It's the definition of "Establishment". I think they have former KGB in the kitchen up there putting something in the water in the cafeteria.

    You can spin it any way you want... But when Rand Paul goes out publicly and backs McConnell... He is losing a little of his independent mojo.
    Bill Davis

  8. #8
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Some of you guys chastised Ron Paul for not building coalitions in supporting his legislation like a Balanced Budget Amendment. Yet, Rand is going to be chastised for building support for his? Maybe Rand has reformed McConnell from his sinful political ways? I do know that McConnell has been supporting Rand's legislation and that the two worked together in helping the Ky farmers attempt to convert from tobacco to growing hemp as an alternative. And no, one can't get a buzz from smoking hemp. It is used for many industrial purposed like rope.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  9. #9
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Some of you guys chastised Ron Paul for not building coalitions in supporting his legislation like a Balanced Budget Amendment. Yet, Rand is going to be chastised for building support for his? Maybe Rand has reformed McConnell from his sinful political ways? I do know that McConnell has been supporting Rand's legislation and that the two worked together in helping the Ky farmers attempt to convert from tobacco to growing hemp as an alternative. And no, one can't get a buzz from smoking hemp. It is used for many industrial purposed like rope.
    And you can see better while you're doing it too, huh?
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •