RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

entry fees

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  helencalif 
#1 ·
our club was discussing entry fees and if we need to raise them i think last year we charged 45-55-and 65 dollars. we need to increase them but don't want to price our selfs out of reach

#2 ·
Check on EE and Huntsecretary for your area - seems to me you might be a little low - for my area anyway.

#3 ·
That's what most of the clubs around me are charging this season.

#5 ·
In No. Calif. for an AKC hunt test it's 80-75-75 or 75-75-75. Only one club has Juniors at 70. They will be raising their Junior rate to 75. Expenses to put on a hunt test or trial keep going up in No. Calif. Cost to use grounds is $300 a day. Birds are $12; add to that delivery and stewarding charges if the club doesn't steward its birds. AKC increased its recording fees several years ago. Another recording fee increase goes into effect July 1. Motels have increased their rates. Cost to pay for judges' travel (air fare or fuel for their vehicle) has gone up. Clubs are trying to hold the maximum fee to $80 and it isn't easy.

#6 · (Edited)
Just paid $90 in Texas. Honestly, the entry fees are least of expenses involved with campaigning an all age dog. Anyone who has put on a trial should have an appreciation for what it takes to break even or have a small profit as a cushion for the next trial with low entries and no margin.

When I hear people complaining about high entry fees (Pat was asking, not complaining), I want to tell them to get in charge of an event and see how it goes and how much everything costs and adds up and see if they can do any better. It all costs money.

#9 ·
I am wondering how many clubs out there have liability insurance, Directors and Officers insurance, and also pay for Workman's Comp? Those three insurance policies come to $2,263.33 for one club for whom I am treasurer. The club holds 2 field trials and a hunt test each year. The club pays annual dues to AKC $25, to the National Amateur Ret Club $100, to the National Retriever Club $100, to the Master National Retriever Club $50, and is a member of the California Retriever Training Association for whom membership is $100. Total dues paid every year is $375. Together insurance and dues come to $2,638.33.

Additional overhead expenses: equipment purchase and repairs. supplies for marshal boxes, postage, and assorted misc. Every this year club spends on the average $3,500.-$3,700. beyond what expenses there are for the club's trials and hunt test. Equipment replacement costs depend on how many radios or other equipment gets lost or broken beyond repair.

This is why clubs have to make a profit on their field trials and hunt tests and also have a raffle to cover those costs.

Helen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.