The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Zinger Winger

Default Which Zinger Winger

I am looking at buying a Zinger winger and couldn't decide on which one. I see that they throw different distances and was wondering what are the benefits of a winger that throws farther. Any input on on which winger and the reason for choosing that winger would be great.

Thanks

I have two each of both ZWII and FT. I like the FT ones best as the pouch is larger so I use my smaller ducks in the ZWII. The FT also has opening for three types of noise (primer, 32 blank and 22 blank). The FT is a little heavier than the WZII (by 2-3 lbs) so if you are walking them out it will make a difference. The ZW II is also a little shorter and takes up a little less space.
    While not quantative, it seems like I spend more maintenance/repair time on the ZWIIs.

Each has their pluses and minuses.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

I have the field trialer. Further is better in my opinion. As the rubbers get older the throws get shorter anyway. I think most of us change the bands a few months too late rather than too soon.

I guess it depends what you're throwing too. Some ducks are pretty heavy. If you use it for fliers stronger is better.

The smaller ones are decent if storage is a problem.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

I have 3 mini Zingers and a field trialer. I actually traded a friend a field trialer for the 3rd mini. I don't need great huge throws and find the minis alot easier to get in and out of the back of the truck. We don't get a lot of use out of our wingers as I much prefer a hand bombed bird and there always seem to be lots of people here to throw.

I have a ZWII and like it, but I am looking at buying the FT. I am not sure but the FT may have 2 settings for long or short throws. If storage is not a problem I would go with the FT but that me.

The FT does come with shorter hooks. But I bought some extra hooks and put them on my ZWII. This was very helpful when I was recovering from back surgery and couldn't bend down so much.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

MiniZ. Small, Compact, and throws great. I my opinion hey throw beter than the Zinger II.
    Joe Dutro

Oakwood's Dora Duky Desire MH- (Dora) 3/3/03- 3/16/11
    Desire's Midnight Rose SH- (Rose) 1/29/08
    Desire's Big Launch MH (Rocket) 9/29/09
    Desire's Pine Ridge Lonesome Gus MH (Gus) 9/29/09

2 FT's nice high arcs, seem actually easier to tote in the field than 4 shooter BB. nice to have bird throws now and then

I have 3 FT's and a couple of smaller ones ... not sure which ones. Small ones are definitely easier to haul around .... particularly if you have to carry them any distance. Small ones work reasonably well with pigeons. However, not so well with large ducks. If I could only have one, I would definitely get the FT.

Is there any reason to get the hunt test version? I haven't seen anybody mention that model. Thanks for all the input.