The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Happy 57th birthday SAGEHENS RETRIEVER CLUB

Default Happy 57th birthday SAGEHENS RETRIEVER CLUB

On March 6, 1956 a small group of ladies active in field trials in No. California filed their Articles and By Laws with the state of California to become a recognized nonprofit corporation known as the Sagehens Retriever Club. As years past by, more and more ladies from all over the nation joined the club making it a "national" retriever organization solely of women.

The original founding ladies are now gone, but what they started 57 years ago as an all women's retriever club thrives to this day. Today the Hens hold two field trials and one hunt test a year. Today 1/3 of the members live all over the country. They support this long-lived all female organization and are proud to be a Hen.

Happy Birthday, fellow Hens! I could not let the entire month of March go by without saluting you for keeping alive the many traditions started by the little group of founding Hens who met 57 years ago to create Sagehens. They are looking down upon you and smiling.

Helen Graves, Treasurer
    Sagehens Retriever Club

Happy Birthday Sagehens. I knew and trained with some of the founding ladies when I lived in northern CA.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

That is neat! I hope they have a big Hen party for their 60th!!!

Who were the founding mothers? Harry
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW http://www.sagaciouskennel.com/

Happy Birthday Hens!

I hope what they started 57 years ago never dies and retrievers are retrieving at a Sagehen trial long after everyone reading this is but a memory.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Absolutely awesome
    Happy happy 57

Sagehens has a long storied history and used to be the unofficial start of the west coast FT season, back in the 70's when the hotbed of FT training was centered around Rex Carr and Escalon Calif, the fields were a virtual who's who of retriever history....Happy Birthday to Sagehens and All the members past and present...Well done Ladies, you have done the sport proud
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"