RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Piney Woods

10K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  ramblinmaxx 
#1 ·
Sport kite Land lot Kite Grassland Parachute
The open is a triple with the line set up on a hill and all three gun stations set in the flat below. Order in long middle, short left, then long right flyer. Both left and middle guns retire: middle guns retire by moving to flyer station when dog has picked up flyer and is returning; left gun retires (as I recall, specific instructions may be different) after dog passes en route to flyer...some (either dog or handler) have primary selected on the short left gun. There is a strong crosswind from left to right. Handler shown in the picture is the honor position...the running dog is positioned to their left. Saw dogs go both left and right of the cedar tree in the middle on their way to the long retired but the ones I watched swam around the point and down to the end of the pond, driving left (bad) or right (good-downwind) of the bird. Obviously, there is a lot of varied work on the test.

See less See more
#8 ·
Open callbacks to the 4th

#10 ·
#13 ·
Do you know which dogs Dave & Bill were running?
Thanks!

Open results
1 Pearl Caire /John
2 Angus Bozeman /Larry
3 Dave Davis
4 Bill Eckett
RJ Bill Eckett
Jams Tripp Amundson/Ty Rorem, Katie Widner . Sorry not sure of others . Congratulations to all!

#19 ·
A little birdie told me that Slider won the Amateur. 15 points in 2 weeks! Congrats to Lauren and Slider on their impressive run.
Any more details about the Am placements & finishers?

#25 ·
Josie,

Am placements were:

1. Hays / Slider
2. Mize / Peanut
3. Ritch / Pride
4. Kurlansky / Bumpers

Sorry not sure of RJ, but it was one of these jams:

Caire / Tia
Schweikert / Yukon
Bozeman / Angus
Ausmus / Johnny
Burke / Cricket

#27 ·
... an' her dog ain't doin' to shabby either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.