The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Ben Carson commencement address

Default Ben Carson commencement address

Carson is finding out first-hand what it is to deal with this PC world. He was to be the commencement speaker for Johns Hopkins medical school graduation, until he gave his honest opinion about gay marriage on the Hannity show:
    "Marriage is between a man and a woman," Carson said. "It's a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality -- it doesn't matter what they are, they don't get to change the definition."

Students accused Carson of effectively comparing "gay relationships with pedophilia and bestiality."

I can hardly believe you would be smart enough to graduate for JH if you truly believed the last sentence.

It really is a perfect example of liberal view bullying. Since they don't agree with him on gay marriage, they are making an example of him. Chic-A-Filet anyone?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The few control the many and the many loose. Divide and conquer comes to mind quite often these days.

Frustrating! Makes me angry!
    Last edited by Chuck Ward; 03-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Libs are all for free speech as long as it is in line with their world view... Otherwise, shut the hell up.
    Bill Davis

the med school grads who protest Dr Carson, are the same ones who would kill to be on Dr Carson's staff or be an intern under his tutelage...the man is world renown in his field of brain surgery
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I really don't get the left. A great friend of my husband is also a well known neuro. He happens to be black. So what does that have to do with anything?
    He and is wife to be were at our wedding and we went to his.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Dr. Carson has voluntarily stepped down from the commencement address at JH Med School; and also withdrawn from another commencement address he was to make. The bullies won.

Makes you wonder why all those education and govt types who are SO against bullying, go along with bullying such an incredibly gifted human being. Shame on Johns Hopkins for joining in the intolerance in siding with the bullies.

Mark Davis' column today stated (paraphrased) that these people were willing to give up the inspiration Dr. Carson might offer them to satisfy their own intolerance of his personal religious belief. Seems to me that is the very essence of bigotry. It wasn't, after all, like he was going to speak on gay marriage at the commencement, for God's sake!

It's sad to see bullies win ... but I can see Dr. Carson's reasoning, and is only more proof of how his character and compassion tower above those qualities in the bullies.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.