The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan starts a new era in that state.

Default Michigan starts a new era in that state.

BUT...not without the usual thuggish problems we've come to expect from the unionistas leaders and henchmen. As corrupt as most of these officials that are the leadership of these unions, I'm always amazed by how many brainwashed "dues-payers" are still involved.

UB

Dear William,

Today, after a hard-fought victory in a state long shackled by the forced-unionism privileges of Big Labor, Michigan's Right to Work protections go into effect.

Unfortunately, I also have some disturbing -- but not surprising -- news.

The good news is that your Foundation is already at work to block the schemes and illegal maneuvers of the union bosses as they scramble to cling to their forced-dues power.

You see, while most private-sector and government workers in Michigan will have more freedom today than they did yesterday, union bosses have been scrambling to keep as many workers in forced-dues ranks as long as they can.

A Michigan Education Association memo leaked in December revealed the sinister strategy, recommending union bosses offer wage and benefits concessions with employers in order to extend monopoly bargaining agreements with forced-dues clauses before the Right to Work protections took effect.

That memo shows what really matters to union bosses: Seizing as much forced-dues cash as they can, even at the expense of the very workers they claim to "represent."

Across the state, teacher union bosses have implemented this strategy, cutting new long-term deals with their puppet politicians on school boards to keep the forced dues coming for as long as eight and even ten years -- longer even than the term of school board officials.

Union lawyers are also on a warpath to overturn or gut the law in the courts.

In one federal lawsuit, union lawyers including former Obama Labor Board Member Craig Becker make the spurious argument that Michigan's Right to Work law is pre-empted by federal law.

The National Right to Work Foundation's Michigan Task Force is prepared to defend the Right to Work law from these groundless legal assaults, educate Michigan workers about their rights, and provide free legal aid to victimized workers as needed.

The Foundation is launching a massive public information campaign to inform Michigan workers of their rights through public service announcements and Internet campaigns.

In January, Foundation staff attorneys filed a friend of the court brief with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in support of Michigan's prohibition of discriminatory union-only "project labor agreements" on public projects.

Foundation attorneys also reviewing the lawsuits recently filed by Michigan union bosses against the newly-enacted Right to Work law, and are ready to defend it as they have done in Indiana and Wisconsin.

With your continued support, we won't let the union bosses get away with gutting or circumventing Michigan's laws that protect worker freedom.

Sincerely,

Mark Mix

P.S. The Foundation relies completely on voluntary contributions from its supporters to provide free legal aid.

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

I am with you on that one! I had a friend who worked the lakes on ore ships years ago and even though part time he avoided paying union dues until the ships steward was heard telling another crewmember how my friend was going overboard soon because he was not paying. Stayed aboard until the next dock and then took up another job. Unions use that type of intimidation all the time and it might have been a very honest caring steward but the threat was still there.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

In the spirit of conversation, I went to the National Right To Work Foundation and Committee web sites. On these sites it is stated that the NRWF is neither anti-union nor pro-labor. (So it is obviously political) No where could I find a statement that informs me what the NRWF is trying to accomplish, other than this. The NRWF did make it clear that they are trying to stop organized labor from donating funds to back political proponents of their cause. And that your donation is completely tax free. They have many articles about how much each labor organization donated to each candidate and where, and wether they reported the proper amounts or not and why it is not right. They had no problem siting the many members of unions who have been abused, mistreated, and forced to pay union dues by those unions, without mentioning the many employees who have been mistreated, abused even killed by management. I came to the conclusion that the NRWF is basically a ploy to limit the political donations that labor and their unions can donate to the pro-labor factions in our government. Couple this with the new " paycheck deception bills " that the right wingers are pushing on us and it will be very hard for organized labor to back candidates, thus allowing the right wing to get more in donations toward their campaigns. So now the big corporate machine can donate tax free to the cause of lowering wages and cutting benefits to raise profits, while the pro-labor forces in our country are now at a disadvantage when trying to back their candidates. The ugly part of it is that these people are selling to the working class of this nation that RTW laws are good for them and that it will help them get and keep better jobs in the future, when in reality it is weakening their stance in selling their labor. So now we have a more productive and profitable worker in the US that is being sold a bill of goods by a politically driven corporate backed group who's only interest is killing the pro-labor movement in this country to promote their profits and political careers. They will kill organized labor in this country by making the unions defend and provide benefits for non-dues paying members and not allowing dues paying members to have a voice, just like they are killing this country by making the working class pay for and support the non-working class and not letting the working class have a voice. It will be a race to the bottom and a fast track there.

"I am a union member " a.k.a Union Thug " , we live here and pay taxes here, we work hard to support our families, we are not the problem and we are not the enemy. If you are jealous of our benefits fight for your own not against ours. The rich created this problem and they are pitting the middle class families against each other." I don't ask for what I don't earn, I take pride in my work and my union, but I do expect a fair voice when it comes to my government. My union has never given me a reason not to trust them but my government has, so until they earn my trust back I will stand by my union!
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

I always like the union type guys that like to give me crap about how my boss is screwing me and how well they have it. The parking lot almost always tells a different story. It's even funnier after their spiel when I tell them how "Da Union" is screwing them royally. It's funny when they find out I'm my own boss and make 10x an hour what they are making and never have to gang up on or threaten any one. If you don't like what your getting paid, quit and start your own company. Men stand on their own two feet, not hold hands and cry about how unfair life is. Think about it.

Well said, Schmersal!!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmersal View Post
    In the spirit of conversation, I went to the National Right To Work Foundation and Committee web sites. On these sites it is stated that the NRWF is neither anti-union nor pro-labor. (So it is obviously political) No where could I find a statement that informs me what the NRWF is trying to accomplish, other than this. The NRWF did make it clear that they are trying to stop organized labor from donating funds to back political proponents of their cause. And that your donation is completely tax free. They have many articles about how much each labor organization donated to each candidate and where, and wether they reported the proper amounts or not and why it is not right. They had no problem siting the many members of unions who have been abused, mistreated, and forced to pay union dues by those unions, without mentioning the many employees who have been mistreated, abused even killed by management. I came to the conclusion that the NRWF is basically a ploy to limit the political donations that labor and their unions can donate to the pro-labor factions in our government. Couple this with the new " paycheck deception bills " that the right wingers are pushing on us and it will be very hard for organized labor to back candidates, thus allowing the right wing to get more in donations toward their campaigns. So now the big corporate machine can donate tax free to the cause of lowering wages and cutting benefits to raise profits, while the pro-labor forces in our country are now at a disadvantage when trying to back their candidates. The ugly part of it is that these people are selling to the working class of this nation that RTW laws are good for them and that it will help them get and keep better jobs in the future, when in reality it is weakening their stance in selling their labor. So now we have a more productive and profitable worker in the US that is being sold a bill of goods by a politically driven corporate backed group who's only interest is killing the pro-labor movement in this country to promote their profits and political careers. They will kill organized labor in this country by making the unions defend and provide benefits for non-dues paying members and not allowing dues paying members to have a voice, just like they are killing this country by making the working class pay for and support the non-working class and not letting the working class have a voice. It will be a race to the bottom and a fast track there.

"I am a union member " a.k.a Union Thug " , we live here and pay taxes here, we work hard to support our families, we are not the problem and we are not the enemy. If you are jealous of our benefits fight for your own not against ours. The rich created this problem and they are pitting the middle class families against each other." I don't ask for what I don't earn, I take pride in my work and my union, but I do expect a fair voice when it comes to my government. My union has never given me a reason not to trust them but my government has, so until they earn my trust back I will stand by my union!
    I can't highlight but in your last paragraph you say that if those that are jealous of union benefits, FIGHT FOR YOUR OWN NOT AGAINST OURS. Sort of like those rich you talk about who say that if you are jealous of what the rich have accumulated THEN GO ACCUMULATE YOUR OWN WEALTH. Maybe you ant the rich have something in common.

When it comes to labor law, you can do what you want to in your own state. Set minimum wage at $100.00/hr for all I care. Just let each state have the right to make their own decisions. During my career, I had many union members hire me and a few fire me. THAT WAS THEIR CHOICE WHEN THEY WERE THE EMPLOYERS.

I have a good friend who worked for Bridgestone-Firestone for 35 years. When he retired, his union the United steelworkers gave him a plaque of appreciation. It was made in China. As a consumer THEY LOOKED FOR THE BEST PRICE. Surprise? Hell no. Just the shoe on the other foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmersal View Post

"IN THE SPIRIT OF CONVERSATION"...I couldn't give a FRA about your love for the union. My entire point is, why must you FORCE it on the rest of the working class, and require EVERYONE to pay the dues for your worthless leaders, that are nothing more than arm-twisters and thugs that intimidate everyone they can't control, including the so-called basterly corporations and employers that pay your wages?

As to the "rich" creating the problem...just wait until the "rich" that pay your wages decide they have had enough and just move out. It will be interesting to watch how long the 'leaders' you bow to will provide for your needs then. Or is it the other way around...where the leadership requires you to take care of them with your dues. If you continue to lean on them for a job, they will be expecting some of your pension bucks for their 'services'. You might want to read what your contract actually has to say, rather than putting all your belief in the leadership.

So you were able to find out about the NRWF, but only what you wanted it to be, which I would have suspected. When it was stated they weren't "anti-union", that apparently sailed over your head. It comes under the view of, as I stated, we don't give a hoot if you need to pay dues so you have an organization making sure you can keep your job, the NRWF just wants to fight for the rights of the workers to get a job without being forced to join your union and pay dues into something they have no desire to be a part of. But you are so filled with class envy, all you saw was the bastardly employer that needs to be brought to their knees and comply with your unionista demands, or you will all make it impossible for them to stay in business. To that I say, hurry...the sooner the better. Once you realize your union leadership isn't providing you a job, the quicker you will understand the fool's errand you are on.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Sick lids- first I never said that I wasn't happy with what I made, or that my boss was screwing me, or that I was crying about anything. I have my normal everyday career and went out and started my own business in which i do work on my own as a contractor of license, so i know about being my own boss. Beyond that I have never in my life intimidated or threatened in any way anybody who wasn't part of a union, being union is a choice.

Caryalsobrook- I never said that I was jealous of anybody. I have accumulated my own wealth and am happy with what I have but will fight to the bitter end to keep what I have earned. And right now there is a push by the federal government to put a national RTW act on the books so it doesn't look like its going to be a state issue much longer. As for your friend who retired from Bridgestone-Firestone the important part is that he was able to retire.

UB- like I said earlier being union is a choice if you don't want to be a part of the union go work for a non-union shop nobody is forcing you to work for our union. If you do choose to work non-union then don't complain about what the union guys make its that simple. And as far as the rich paying my wages, they don't, the consumers of my services do and those consumers are from every walk of life in the area and as long as I do better, cheaper and more professional work they will be happy to keep me! I am not blind to the fact that I don't work for my union I work for my contractor and he is a good employer. I know if my contractor doesn't make money I don't make money and my union works very hard with our contractors to keep the costs down so we don't price our selves out of business to keep our share of the market. And we must be doing something right because our contractor pays his best employees more than our contract says he has to and we are happy and he is happy. You say you don't give a rats a&$ about my love of the union that's fine but the fact of the matter is unions are changing and have changed and RTW laws are nothing but a political move by those who are scared of organized labor to try and keep up.

Zeus 3925- Thank you !
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

I have been the member of five separate unions in my lifetime. I was democratically elected to the board of three of those and local president of two. I have never been coerced in joining a union nor did I ever coerce or threaten anybody to join a union--PERIOD. I served as a volunteer without pay on those boards and official positions. I don't know where you get the idea that all unions are about extortion, coercion, and thuggery to recruit membership so the big shots can live the life of Riley.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-31-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I have been the member of five separate unions in my lifetime. I was democratically elected to the board of three of those and local president of two. I have never been coerced in joining a union nor did I ever coerce or threaten anybody to join a union--PERIOD. I served as a volunteer without pay on those boards and official positions. I don't know where you get the idea that all unions are about extortion, coercion, and thuggery to recruit membership so the big shots can live the life of Riley.

I don't know what the laws are where you have lived, but it they weren't right to work states and if you have go join the union to be hired, THAT'S coercion.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com