The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forged Petitions

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Backfired how so? My point is that the Repooblicans on this board have been trying to make illegality the exclusive realm of Democrats. It ain't. Repooblicans are a damn long way from being sainted. Amen.
    question.....
    should the point be not who of whom are doing it, but who and whom want to fix it?
    what group, as a hole, wants tighter voter I.D.???????
    shouldent voting for the leader of the free world be as important as buying a bottle of bier?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    question.....
    should the point be not who of whom are doing it, but who and whom want to fix it?
    what group, as a hole, wants tighter voter I.D.???????
    shouldent voting for the leader of the free world be as important as buying a bottle of bier?
    No question Ken, but, the way we impliment is the sticking point. Too much time is being focused on photo ID as the answer. That method is going to cost $$ ongoing for the states. I would like to see more development on electronic verification of a person. MN used it quite effectively on absentee ballots this year.

No election was "stolen" by voter fraud that I can find, so take some time and do it ( voter verification) correctly and in a way it will not disinfranchise anyone from taking part.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    .... That method is going to cost $$ ongoing for the states......

how? you walk up to Grandma Trono and say "I'm Ken Bora" like I do now and she leafs through the book and yellow highlights my name with the marker and hands me my ballots. So now I also hand her my I.D. just like the gas station when I buy a bier. I am already going to vote, Grandma Trono (she is so cool, I tell her the same joke every time I vote) is already going to be at the table and the I.D. is already in my pocket? I want to prove I am Ken Bora and I am going to vote for Lester Twoevil!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

how? you walk up to Grandma Trono and say "I'm Ken Bora" like I do now and she leafs through the book and yellow highlights my name with the marker and hands me my ballots. So now I also hand her my I.D. just like the gas station when I buy a bier. I am already going to vote, Grandma Trono (she is so cool, I tell her the same joke every time I vote) is already going to be at the table and the I.D. is already in my pocket? I want to prove I am Ken Bora and I am going to vote for Lester Twoevil!

Because anyone without one will have to be provided one at goverment expense.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

respectfully gold........i think our governments constantly spend a great deal more on a whole bunch less? i see this ken's way.
    john mccallie

No question Ken, but, the way we impliment is the sticking point. Too much time is being focused on photo ID as the answer. That method is going to cost $$ ongoing for the states. I would like to see more development on electronic verification of a person. MN used it quite effectively on absentee ballots this year.

No election was "stolen" by voter fraud that I can find, so take some time and do it ( voter verification) correctly and in a way it will not disinfranchise anyone from taking part.
    Absentee ballots is the foundation for fraud problems. Have the election on one or two days period. if people don't go out to vote it is their problem. Don't make excuses they may not be able to get the transportation. When they want to go to Wally World it seems the ride is always available.

My friends grandmother voted before the election this year. By election day she had passed away. His township trustee was decided by 3 votes and she was one of them. Usually there is only 200 to 250 votes cast in that township. If the scenario was one vote everyone would have known that a dead person decided the race. It would have been fiasco.

were is this huddled mass of humanity that is unable to cash a check or buy a bottle of ripple?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Absentee ballots is the foundation for fraud problems. Have the election on one or two days period. if people don't go out to vote it is their problem..
    ahem....
    hello!

were is this huddled mass of humanity that is unable to cash a check or buy a bottle of ripple?

Crossing our borders on a daily basis. Like Jay Leno said, "the AP is changing their name from "illegal immigrants" to "illegal democrats".
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 04-03-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Definitely should be a provision for military who are deployed. They, more than anyone, deserve a voice in who will be in charge of the country they are serving.

For those in non-combatant locations, it should be very easy to assure one vote per individual. Even if done in advance, voting places could be set up in those locations. It is likely that all of those individuals already have ID?

I can think of several instances where absentee ballots are needed. Many people travel extensively for work purposes, for example.

There is some talk about the "inconvenience" of waiting in line. I do think that there should be a special line for those who are "incapacitated" in some way (elderly who cannot stand in line for very long; or handicaps that prevent same). Otherwise, standing in line is a small price to pay for the privilege of voting. In 2008, our voting place's line overflowed even beyond the parking lot. Interestingly, in 2012, there was no line to speak of.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.