RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

New Boston, Texas

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Tom Watson 
#1 ·
I will be in New Boston Tx for 9/10 days training...anything else to do there...any good restaurant suggestions for eating some good food???

It's my first time being there so wondering what to expect. I know one thing for sure it won't be snowing like it was here today and calling for more. At least it's not accumulating. Went from mid 50's on the weekend back to low 30's.

#2 ·
You will be lucky to find a Dairy Queen in or near New Boston, it is neither new nor Boston just an East Texas ******* wide place in the road

#3 ·
Heck Doc they have a Walmart now always interesting to spend a night drinking beer in a Wally World parking lot and watch the locals.

Seriously I'm an hour or so from there and not really familiar other than passing thru on the interstate. Texarkana is fairly close, around 20 miles, and has a pretty good selection of restraunts and shopping.

Are you training at RR Army depot?

#4 ·
isnt New Boston down the road from Hooks Tx, home of the former OU RB Billy Sims

#5 ·
It is and Hooks was also the hometown of MLB umpire Durwood Merrill who was known for his charitable work around Hooks, 2 more or less famous sports figures from one hole in the wall!

#6 ·
new boston is just like my hometown Hope, AR. small enough to know everybody but big enough to have a walmart and few fast food places. both are 20-25 minutes from texarkana. if you want to do anything other than sit in a parking lot or shop walmart for hours on end, go to texarkana. i'm not sure what the closest liquor store to new boston is but i'm betting it's stateline in texarkana (on AR side)

#7 ·
Nothing at all in New Boston. You will have to travel 23 miles East down I-30 to find much of anything to eat.
When will you be in New Boston?

#10 ·
Randy's ribs are the best in the ArkLaTex. Chopped beef sandwich is excellent too. They toast the buns before building the sandwich. You might also try Big Jake's BBQ in Texarkana. In Texarkana, try Bryce's cafeteria on I-30 if you can get there early before the food ages on the steam line. The Dixie Diner on I-30 has pretty good southern cooking. Chappo's Italian on New Boston Rd is good local Italian. For a great burger (voted best in the ArkLaTex) you've got to go to Reggie's Burgers and Dogs. You'll probably want to go there twice. For a nice Dallas-like dinner, try Timothy's, also on I-30, near the Dixie Diner. Texarkana also has all the usual national chains and sandwich shops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.