RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Triple using a wipeout flyer with two retired guns

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Tim West 
#1 ·
last week while training with Al Wilson and KJRice, Al threw a set up that I had not seen used in quite awhile, but it was fun to watch and be a part of, and then WD Connor reminded me that he too used a wipeout flyer once when judging the great Derby champ Showthyme at the Pikes Peak trial a few years ago, which she promptly stepped on enroute to her final Derby win

1.I threw the memory bird and was stationed about 275 yds slightly downhill about 2'oclock on the dial, threw a flat mark left to right, and then retired

2. the second gunner was stationed about 180 yds out,about 10 oclock and threw their bird right to left, also retired

3. Kevin shot the wipeout flyer, right to left across the face of the test,about 75 yds from the line

the flyer was in the dogs face and really got the dogs amped, the flyer also landed on almost the same angle as the second bird...the memory bird was no gimme, no dogs hooked the gun, but a few over ran the mark...Kevin's young pup Reggie (Jackson) toe nailed the mark

Off to train early this morning before it gets too warm...or too windy....working on about 3 hours of sleep..oh well

Since Al Wilson is one of the judges for this year's National Amateur, could we possibly see a similar set up

See less See more
#3 ·
just outside the town of Overton...just a couple of miles from the refuge

#9 ·
Blue should be off IR in the next week or so, I am looking forward to marking him after a month off. I put him back in the swimby pond last week so we should be ready for some cheating singles.

I also need Bearden to get back from his tyraid in the South East. :)

I have high hopes for the 4 pups from this litter that went to competive homes.

#12 ·
I doubt if you will see this test in a National. I can't remember ever see one as a matter of fact, but I could be wrong. WOF are usually used when the test's other two marks might not be big enough, or the grounds are not good enough, or the field is really strong, or a combination of them all.

Usually a National will have plenty of test to not have to use a wipe out flier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.