The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RIP - My Final Answer "Maggie" 12/11/99 - 4/2/13

Hey Bill, Just opened up the thread about Maggie. Very sorry for your loss. 13 1/2 years is a pretty good run. You gave her a wonderful life of doing what she loved to do most... And you were both blessed because of it. Again, my condolences.

Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 04-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Bill so sorry for your loss! Your tribute to her brought years to my eyes! RIP Maggie.
    Lots of wonderful memories!
    Carol

Can't see to type. Good dog Maggie, you're a good girl.
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

I guess Heaven needed a dog to make sure all the cripples were picked up..... my condolences on your loss, Bill. It doesn't get easier to loose one of these great dogs.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Terribly sorry for your loss. What a great tribute. It surely sounds like you were both a heck of a team for quite a few years.

Bill, feel your pain. Wonderful words on your part from one hunter and hunting companion to another. It don't get no better than a dog that hunts and lives for water. Take care, so sorry.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

So very sorry for your loss. The tears are running and my hands are shaking.......damn, it hurts so much....... Run free sweet Maggie, be swift of foot and lite of heart..... your dad loves you and misses you.

You RTF folks have outdone yourselves once again. My wife and I sat down and read all of these kind responses together (mistake number two). I had already cheated and read them first (mistake number one) I'll admit to using as many, if not more tissues than Sherry.

It really brings everything into perspective now that I have had a couple of days to let my emotions settle down a little. As different as we all are... culturally, geographically, politically, whatever... there is one tie that binds everyone that frequents this forum. That is our love for the dogs. I can tell from your responses... every one of you... that you love your dogs as much as I love mine. (who doesn't after all?) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting to this thread. It REALLY made a difference to my wife and to me. That was a pretty good sendoff for a pretty darn good dog.
    Bill Davis

So sorry Bill...

God Bless Miss Maggie,

Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    TTF Duck Sloughs Make Mine a Double "Shooter"

www.ducksloughkennel.com

Romans 8:28

So Sorry, Bill, I feel it with you.
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck