The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boykin Puppy

They are great little dogs. If trained properly they can do anything a lab can do. As someone has already said they are very very busy dogs. Mine loves to chew on his kong non stop in the house or play his own hide and seek game with it. They are great little retrievers and IMO probably one of if not the most versatile working dogs out there. My boy picked up a ton of ducks this season and even a few geese. He will be two years old tomorrow, we are one pass away from his Senoir title. I have always had labs before I got a Boykin and now I will never be without a Boykin they will steal your heart.

This is him at a Senior hunt test in College Station, TX. Clik the pic and the video should load.

You should drive over to Clinton S.C this weekend. The best of the best will be there competing in the Boykin Spaniel Nationals. Friday and Saturday.

LBD is popular LOL!

Nice dog huck!

Here is a Boykin at her first hunt test. She has had some OB training and has handled very few birds. She is going through FF right now and doing great!

http://youtu.be/JVFOXA00gdc

Quote Originally Posted by Quackwacker View Post
    You should drive over to Clinton S.C this weekend. The best of the best will be there competing in the Boykin Spaniel Nationals. Friday and Saturday.
    Not all of the best of the best will be there as Hank and I won't be able to make it out.

Best of luck with your new pup!

Yeah just go the Clinton house this weekend. Youll be in brown dog overload by the time you leave.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

MidSouth Boykin Spaniel Retriever Club would put you in touch with most of the local Boykin folks. I only know of one Boykin hunt tester locally and he is outside of Jasper Alabama.
    Mark Land

I judged several Boykins in JH/SH tests in NC and SC last fall, and each dog earned my respect and picked my interest...I am seriously thinking that my next retriever will be a Boykin. Good luck with your puppy, I hope to read lot's of positive postings about him on this forum!
    My Girls...
    Duckback's Lord Have Mercy, MH 8/07
    Duckback Armbrook's Indigo Pearl, SH 10/10