The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bill hillmann and mary tatum coming to australia

Default bill hillmann and mary tatum coming to australia

word is out that bill and mary are doing a seminar in victoria in october and attending our national
    i am excited by this as our exposure to US training methods began 25 years ago with Jim Swan who gave a seminar in sydney
    since then we have had Bill Eckhert and more recently Judy Aycock so we have been well versed in the Carr based philosophy. I hear that hillmann is a little different and im hoping that he will be able to offer a slightly different perspective Is this a reasonable assumption? and if so what can we expect??
    His seminar will be pitched at restricted and AA level dogs
    can anyone offer any insights into what we can expect that sits outside the Carr box??
    I am also really looking forward to meeting Mary she is a wonderful breeder and my current dog is on her website

Sound great Peter. I like Hillman's stuff from what I have seen of it. Should be a food time.
    Your Tahs are looking pretty good so far. Could be a good year. The SA teams seem lacking this season.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

hi Corey
    glad to see u can still get the football im guessing u have cable restored
    i hope some one can tell me what we can hope to expect from hillmann that is not just a rehash of Carr what does he do differently??

Look in the upper left hand corner of your screen and you'll see Hawkeye Media. There will be some of Hillman's video clips on the website.....as well as YouTube.
    Tom Dorroh

yeah i have seen his vids but im still unclear on what he does that sits outside the Carr box.i have heard great things about him and i will attend his seminar but what can he offer australia that judy aycock bill eckert and jim swan havent already touched on , the reason i am so looking forward to meeting bill hillmann is because he is reputed to be a little different
    cant someone help me out with what differences i can come to expect??

just got back from Victoria where i attended the Hillmann mary tatum seminar
    wow what a weekwend!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill and mary were fantastic they r incredibly gracious and patient people/
    the seminar must have been very difficult for Bill he had a range of participants that went from top end national competitors to complete beginners also no one was familiar with his methods before hand
    The seminar was fantastic Bills methods were very well received and Bill very skillfully made sure that everyone was able to benefit Mary gave a lecture on breeding and an informal talk on picking puppies and breeders she was also on hand to help handlers with her critiques when they came off y drills etc
    Bills methods challenged everyone intellectually he is very different from anyone we have had before such as bill Eckert and judy Aycock I believe Bill is an extradionary trainer who will move the goal posts of retriever training Us Australians are very very very impressed if u ever get the chance to go to a Hillmann seminar my suggestion is that take it and enbrace what he will teach u with both hands
    [/URL]
    v

Stoney Yes I have been his seminar when it came to Long Point, Ontario. I really enjoyed it and his method. Glad you did too. Thanks for posting on this.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

The biggest difference is how he into's to CC and FF's. He does a soft collar method really early and starts with the fetch command along with that, even in small puppy training.
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

have u studied his program???????????? the differences are a lot more profound than that and bye the way he doesnt FF