The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: no ammo.

BPS here has all the shotgun ammo you could want except 00 and slugs. Plenty of rifle other than 5.56 and .22. I got two boxes of RMC 9mm just because they had it. Plenty of 45, 357, 38, and 40.
    The Walmart here is hit and miss. I have seen he shelves full and empty in the past couple months. Always have hunting rounds (30-06, 270, 30-30). They actually had three AR type rifles in 5.56 and a couple 22's last weekend. More times than not they have at least a little of something. A month ago it was worse.
    The government ain't buying it to keep it from you. There was a major run on everything after sandy hook and with the gun control scare. Depending on where you live it is going to take a while to see it fully stocked again. Do you believe for a minute that manufactures are not running around the clock trying to pump it out? They are all about money and they can sell everything they make. They are chomping at the bit to get it out as fast as they can.
    components are going to take longer in my opinion because they are more worried about ammo than selling primers and powder.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 04-03-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    BPS here has all the shotgun ammo you could want except 00 and slugs. Plenty of rifle other than 5.56 and .22. I got two boxes of RMC 9mm just because they had it. Plenty of 45, 357, 38, and 40.
    The Walmart here is hit and miss. I have seen he shelves full and empty in the past couple months. Always have hunting rounds (30-06, 270, 30-30). They actually had three AR type rifles in 5.56 and a couple 22's.
    the government ain't buying it to keep it from you. There was a major run on everything after sandy hook and with the gun control scare. Depending on where you live it is going to take a while to see it fully stocked again. Do you believe for a minute that manufactures are not running around the clock trying to pump it out? They are all about money and they can sell everything they make. They are chomping at the bit to get it out as fast as they can.
    What is their reason for needing millions of rounds more than ever before stockpiled for all these various agencies?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    What is their reason for needing millions of rounds more than ever before stockpiled for all these various agencies?
    Bingo! Several thousand going to SS offices
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Not saying there isn't suspicious buying by the gov't, but for the ammo shortage you need to look at your neighbors. The ammo shortage has been due to hoarding. I have friends that have 20k rounds of .22 LR, not to mention their larger stuff. I talked to local dealer and he said the manufactures are running at full capacity but the stores can't keep it on the shelves.

I wish somone in the n/w In area could point me to some 9mm handgun ammo.It is non existent.
    Plenty of rifle and shotgun shells.Never seen anything so crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    The Walmart in Lakeside has a good bit of Federal Champion 9mm GMJ in 100 round packs right now; lesser amounts in Steamboat Springs and Grand Junction.
    Just called all 3 locations, sporting goods manager said they have been out for weeks. They all tell me you have to be in the store on " truck night" and then lucky enough to have a place in line, even IF there is a box or two of 9mm or really Any pistol or small rifle ammo, it is gone in minutes.

Same with Walmarts along the front range. I check daily with three of them, and they haven't had 9 mm for MONTHS
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 04-03-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Budget cuts.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom. P. View Post
    I wish somone in the n/w In area could point me to some 9mm handgun ammo.It is non existent.
    Plenty of rifle and shotgun shells.Never seen anything so crazy.
    Here are the Walmarts in Indiana that currently have 9mm. "Limited" means less than 5 boxes.

Federal Champion 9mm GMJ 100pk
    Store Address City State Zipcode Status Since
    Monticello 2771 1088 W Broadway St Monticello IN 47960 In stock 03-Apr-2013 02:28:30
    Indianapolis 1459 7245 Us 31 S Indianapolis IN 46227 Limited stock 03-Apr-2013 16:19:36
    Indianapolis 1580 10617 E Washington St Indianapolis IN 46229 Limited stock 03-Apr-2013 16:19:32
    Elkhart 4399 30830 Old Us 20 Elkhart IN 46514 Limited stock 03-Apr-2013 02:28:43
    Warsaw 1304 2501 Walton Blvd Warsaw IN 46582 Limited stock 03-Apr-2013 16:19:46
    South Bend 3436 700 W Ireland Rd South Bend IN 46614 Limited stock 03-Apr-2013 16:19:44
    Fort Wayne 5025 10420 Maysville Rd Fort Wayne IN 46835 Limited stock 03-Apr-2013 16:13:41
    New Castle 1758 3167 S State Road 3 New Castle IN 47362 Limited stock

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Just called all 3 locations, sporting goods manager said they have been out for weeks. They all tell me you have to be in the store on " truck night" and then lucky enough to have a place in line, even IF there is a box or two of 9mm or really Any pistol or small rifle ammo, it is gone in minutes.

Same with Walmarts along the front range. I check daily with three of them, and they haven't had 9 mm of MONTH s
    Most of these stores will tell you that and often it's true. You should only go to the stores that you know have inventory and that's easy to find. In many cases you have to get the CS person to look the item up on their inventory. It's there; just often being held or hidden by employees. With a bit of nudging, it's amazing how things show up.
    Last edited by Spring; 04-03-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdnordahl View Post
    Say what you want but I can't find ammo, primers, powder or some other bullet making components locally. The shelfs at the local stores only have some shotgun ammo
    I've got a friend that has a very large gun store on the north side of Metro Atlanta. They are getting ammo at the same rate as they were before the buying rush, it just doesn't stay around for long at all.

His explanation on reloading supplies was that companies like CCI and Winchester that make the components that we use to reload are using all of the primers, bullets, powders they can in finished product ammo. Why sell primers when you can put them in a complete cartridge and make a higher profit margin. Sounds logical to me.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".