The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: no ammo.

Pete

Government intrusion on everything. Fascism.
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

theses are not my words

I think everyone would do well to get more information about how federal contracting works, particularly about IDIQ’s. It is not how much they actually plan to take delivery of. There is usually an amount they will receive, and a second amount that they reserve the right to demand. They can contracturally tie up the production capability of the manufacturer by simply demanding additional amounts of ammo up to a specified maximum. The manufacturer then, by law must fill government orders first, thus choking off supply to the civilian market. If done carefully and properly the federal government could still conceivably use such contracting practices to this purpose with legitimacy, and without the political ramifications of simply seizing ammunition production facilities under emergency powers. Don’t worry about where the ammo is going or why. Worry that every round they buy/demand will not be available to the citizens. Then ask why.

IDIQ"S ===== Idefinated deliverty,, Indefinate Quantity contracts.
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 04-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I was just looking at some of my older 223. 100 rounds was 29.99, still got the label on the box! I cant believe what a box is going for today.

Recent Associated Press Article in the Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworl...-store-shelves
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

I dont think the govermental purchase of ammuntion ( read hollow points) is a rumor..
    It HAS been confirmed.
    Its aslo curious the type of bullet purchased. Hollow points. Not the usual bullet choice for target and training purposes from what I am told..

Feds Buy Two Billion Rounds of Ammunition

Something strange is going on. Federal non-military agencies have bought two billion rounds of ammunition in the last 10 months. The Obama Administration says that federal law enforcement agents need the ammunition for “mandatory quarterly firearms qualifications and other training sessions.”

Radio show host Mark Levin is suspicious. He commented:
    To provide some perspective, experts estimate that at the peak of the Iraq war American troops were firing around 5.5 million rounds per month. At that rate, the [Department of Homeland Security] is armed now for a 24-year Iraq war. A 24-year Iraq war! I’m going to tell you what I think is going on. I don’t think domestic insurrection. Law enforcement and national security agencies, they play out multiple scenarios. … I’ll tell you what I think they’re simulating: the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that’s what happens when an economy collapses. I suspect that just in case our fiscal situation, our monetary situation, collapses, and following it the civil society collapses, that is the rule of law, they want to be prepared. I know why the government’s arming up: It’s not because there’s going to be an insurrection; it’s because our society is unraveling.
    Even though the National Rifle Association says that the amount of ammunition bought isn’t excessive, considering the number of federal agents and the fact that the ammunition is used over a five-year period, there are others who question why the need for so many federal agents. Among them is Jeff Knox, director of The Firearms Coalition, who said:
    It’s not the number of bullets we need to worry about but the number of feds with guns it takes to use those bullets. There are currently more than 70 different federal law enforcement agencies employing over 120,000 officers with arrest and firearms authority . . . That’s an increase of nearly 30 percent between 2004 and 2008. If the trends have continued upward at a relatively steady rate, that would put the total number of federal law enforcement officers at somewhere between 135,000 and 145,000. That’s a pretty staggering number, especially when you consider that there are only an estimated 765,000 state and local law enforcement officers. That means that about one in seven law enforcement officers in the country works directly for the federal government, not a local jurisdiction.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Of-Ammunition

Ted,

In your days gone by, did you guys train and qualify shooting hollow points?

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

This is what the president of the U.S. had to say about. " Just as well funded". WOW you can buy a lot of bullets with that kind of dough
    I thought this was called the National Guard? What National Security Force is he talking about?
    Ron
    www.portlandlabrador.com
    A Lab has no appreciation for the artistic value of a bonsai tree, but does appreciate their potential as chew toys.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Ted,

In your days gone by, did you guys train and qualify shooting hollow points?

Gooser
    Yes, you train with what you carry
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

[QUOTEI thought this was called the National Guard? What National Security Force is he talking about?][/QUOTE]

My guess is, the agencies that ordered millions of targets with a picture of grand pa ,,,a pregnent woman ,,,and a child on them. Home land security and fema,,,

http://theallegiant.com/dhs-target-c...regnant-women/

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 04-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

9 mm lead safe bullets (for reloading) in stock now at cabelas
    http://m.cabelas.com/cabelas/product?cid=&id=705589