The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North Korea????

North Korea is a threat....a threat to the world

they are just stupid enough to fire off a nuke aimed at the closest target...any country along that target line will have seconds to respond....basically the scenario from the movie " Wargames"..once nukes are in the air a free for all starts and ABM's and defense shields get triggered and all heck breaks loose
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

With the war's end in sight in August 1945, there was still no consensus on Korea's fate among Allied leaders. Many Koreans on the peninsula had made their own plans for the future of Korea, and few of these plans included the re-occupation of Korea by foreign forces. Following the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, Soviet soldiers invaded Manchuria,[5] as per Stalin's agreement with Roosevelt at the Yalta Conference of February 1945.
    However, American leaders were suspicious of the people's committees forming all over the peninsula, and suspected that without American intervention, the whole peninsula would elect to come under Communist government and Soviet influence.

more...

The situation was exacerbated in December 1945 when the decision to establish a trusteeship was announced. To the Koreans, who had anticipated immediate independence, the decision to implement a five-year trusteeship was humiliating, and the initially warm welcome to United States troops as liberators cooled.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-04-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is he threatening to NUKE those countries?

BTW---I do NOT know what to do...............

Here is your answer Stan, a direct quote from a friend in Bon, that I would wholeheartily agree with.

"North Korea is a threat....a threat to the world

they are just stupid enough to fire off a nuke aimed at the closest target...any country along that target line will have seconds to respond....basically the scenario from the movie " Wargames"..once nukes are in the air a free for all starts and ABM's and defense shields get triggered and all heck breaks loose"
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Here is your answer Stan, a direct quote from a friend in Bon, that I would wholeheartily agree with.

"North Korea is a threat....a threat to the world

they are just stupid enough to fire off a nuke aimed at the closest target...any country along that target line will have seconds to respond....basically the scenario from the movie " Wargames"..once nukes are in the air a free for all starts and ABM's and defense shields get triggered and all heck breaks loose"
    It does worry me, as I am afraid some innocent people will be hurt badly by this.
    If the guy is a "True Believer" he might think he can pick and win this fight!

Scary stuff, Wade.
    Stan b & Elvis

Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

What is going on here?
    Are their threats legit?
    Or should we just ignore them??
    My take is that little soandso is devilishly clever............. or he is retarded. Either way he is dangerous. I really think he is playing a "game" but what he hopes to gain is something I don't know at all. We need to keep our distance from a lot of these places where we but in.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

My fear on this is that Kim Poo Poo Boy, may be like someof the leaders in the past that were raised by military leadership so thatthese generals could make the calls using him to keep support of the people (e.g.Japan 1930's as an example).
    This is very dangerous although I do not think they havedelivery systems (no thanks to President Clinton) for Nuke’s that would makemainland US accurately and avoid our defenses. But, I have heard no one thought Pearl Harborwas at risk either!

China is support North Korea as they did in 1950 when they came across theKorean border and chased the US troops back to the 38th parallel. Couple that with the idiot in the White Houseand his band of thieves and the danger is even worse.

The farther backward you can look thefarther forward you are likely to see. --Sir Winston Churchill

Here is the situation between China and N Korea per CBSnews.com

China backed the latest round of United Nations sanctions punishing Pyongyang for its February nuclear test, but Beijing has resisted stronger sanctions against North Korea, and in regular briefings by the Foreign Ministry, the government rarely goes further than calling for all relevant parties to remain calm and reduce tension.
    The mood on the street, and even in some of China's upper echelon, is changing, however. Some Chinese now feel it's time for Beijing to use any leverage it still has with its old ally to force North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program.

It does worry me, as I am afraid some innocent people will be hurt badly by this.
    If the guy is a "True Believer" he might think he can pick and win this fight!

Scary stuff, Wade.
    No Chit Stan. I agree. I just wonder why the big bad U S of A always has to be the one that does the fighting. This is serious stuff for the entire world, having this little nimwit running around with his threats. I want to see other world powers step to the plate and wave their mighty fist at him as well. Their well being is very much at stakes as is ours.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

IMFWBHDAO, I think the primary reason the USA is involved, is for the same reason we stay involved in the middle east...we said we would. America...the old America...took it's responsibilities seriously. When we committed to another nation for their protection, we didn't run away or vacillate when the enemys surrounding the area started their sabre rattling. This was certainly true after WWII, when the USSR established the 'iron curtain', and tried to isolate the west Berliners. There are many countries that have relied on the USA to come to their assistance when they were threatened.

It's only been since the current Obama regime has taken power, do these pitiful little bloviaters like the empty suit in N.Korea think they can dictate to the world, their threats to basically peaceful neighbors...and have everyone shaking in their boots. The truly sad reality is that the NK dictator feels he is as qualified as the POTUS of the USA, and I suspect he is. He just doesn't have the same gravitas when it comes to actually producing everything he thinks he's capable of. That's not to say he isn't idiotic enough to believe he can get off the first shot. Subsequently, those he is threatening must be vigilent. It's necessary to stay alert and anticipate the possible strike, and minimize any destruction that can occur.

It's almost impossible to believe a tin horn mental midget like that hasn't had at least a few of his advisors explain the futility of his actions, should he be so ignorant as to carry them out. If he were to fire off just one nuke, his entire country would be pulverized in a New York minute. It will be interesting to see how much longer he will be able to hoodwink his neighbors into thinking he's seriously committed to his threats.

The USA will never back away from their obligations to S.Korea, any more than they would if Isreal were attacked by any of the radical Islamists. It's no different than the responsibility we would have for protecting any nation we have agreements with for that purpose.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.