The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Dog has bald spot and oozing on paw

Default Update on Miley and question for cat vets (no haters, please)

Taking her to the vet tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone knows if this is serious or not. My lab had a very large bald spot on her paw, and part of it appears to have fluid draining out of it. She has had the bald spots before from laying on concrete, but not on the top of her paw and not oozing. I am a little concerned, to say the least.

Thanks
    Last edited by fishn; 04-08-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Sounds like an abcess from a thorn or other foreign body. Definitelly check with your veterinarian. If it is an abcess, an antibiotic would be needed at a minimum.

Meredith

Sounds like a Hot Spot from licking the area. Here is some info for you.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&site=&s...w=1024&bih=537
    Training Isn't Expensive..... IT'S PRICELESS!

Could also be interdigital furnunculosis, I have been having some issues with this recently. Heres the merck link:

http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/inte...unculosis.html
    "Dont insult the alligator until you have crossed the river"

Lick granduloma. They can be a real pain to get rid of.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Could also be from a spider bite either a yellow bagless or a brown recluse. I lost a dog last year to a brown recluse spider bite so get to the vet as quick as possible.
    Clay
    Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
    Blue Skies Rags to Richs MH
    Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
    Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse SH
    Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
    and all Chesapeake Bay Retrievers

Thanks everyone, vet said she definitely has an infection and he hopes that antibiotics and ointment will clear it up. If not, it may be caused by a fungus, which would not be good. Please pray for Miley.

Thanks, and have a blessed Easter! He arose! Amen.

Prayers sent. Happy Easter
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Thank God above, Miley's paw is looking much better and clearing up. Thank you for your prayers, past, present and future for her. She still has the knot in her throat, but the vet thought it was smaller from what he remembers. She acts great, thank God above.

On another note, wondering if any vets on here have ever heard of a cat having a seizure where it's head flops as if the car has no control, even to the point of hitting the floor. The head is the only area that seems to be affected. Mom and Dad took him to the vet, but no conclusion. They (and we) are very worried about him (his name is John Wayne), wonderful cat that just turned a year old last week. If you know what this could be or what we should do, please let me know. Better yet, please pray for him too. Mom and Dad said no more animals after their last cat passed away, my sister got them one anyway, and they love him dearly.

Thanks everyone, and may God bless you all.