The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If your only goal was FC/AFC...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Garris View Post
    If nothing else mattered, which stud (that still has straws or is still breeding) would you go with? EIC carrier/clear doesn't matter, color doesn't matter. Not talking about what the female brings to the table. Only talking about studs. Don't care about size, don't care about speed, don't care about on/off switch. Who's your top three?
    Longest line of Sires producing 10 or more titled offspring-

FC AFC PAHA SAPA CHIEF II (19) >> NFC 2XNAFC SUPER CHIEF (38) >> FC AFC AIR EXPRESS (21) >> FC AFC ITCHIN’ TO GO (10) >> FC AFC WILDERNESS HARLEY TO GO (51) >> FC AFC DARE TO DREAM (41) >> NAFC FC CARBON COPY OF HORN CREEK (19) >> NFC AFC CLUBMEAD’S ROAD WARRIOR (22)

3 studs with the most titled offspring with straws-

2XNAFC 2XCNAFC EBONSTAR LEAN MAC (157)
    FC AFC DARE TO DREAM (41)
    FC AFC CAFC CHENA RIVER CHAVEZ (41)

Availability is another story…

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Garris View Post
    C'mon y'all play fair. Very few people get in on the really nice bitches. More often than not we mere average Joes have to start with the stud.
    kyle,
    if you will send me a cash deposit of $20 today, i will promise that if i ever have a really nice, breed worthy bitch and i decide to breed her, you will get pick.(you gotta put your deposit down and pay the price of the pup when the time comes. i want your word it will be cared for and you will give it a chance)

i will sell to you first......even if dr. ed gets left out in the cold!

i realize this is a huge gamble kyle but you have to admit.......it didn't cost much!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    kyle,
    if you will send me a cash deposit of $20 today, i will promise that if i ever have a really nice, breed worthy bitch and i decide to breed her, you will get pick.(you gotta put your deposit down and pay the price of the pup when the time comes. i want your word it will be cared for and you will give it a chance)

i will sell to you first......even if dr. ed gets left out in the cold!

i realize this is a huge gamble kyle but you have to admit.......it didn't cost much!
    Can I have this deal and pick my price too?
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

FC/NAFC Barton Creek's O' Mustad "Hook"

Look at good females. Get on someone's waiting list. You may have to wait a year or two or even three. There are many many JH females bred to FC AFC males, but not many FC AFC females, period. When she is bred it isn't often and they are gone fast.

Look at repeat breedings that have pups on the Derby list.

It's not as expensive as a lot think. It is hard though.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by John Lash View Post
    Look at good females. Get on someone's waiting list. You may have to wait a year or two or even three. There are many many JH females bred to FC AFC males, but not many FC AFC females, period. When she is bred it isn't often and they are gone fast.

Look at repeat breedings that have pups on the Derby list.

It's not as expensive as a lot think. It is hard though.
    Sounds like great advice!
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Retrievers - NC View Post
    FC/NAFC Barton Creek's O' Mustad "Hook"
    Why Hook?
    Lean Mac has produced 157 Fc/Afc's, how many has Hook, a LM son produced?
    Id go to the source

Somebody recommend me a jam up female

Quote Originally Posted by Cut em Shelby View Post
    Somebody recommend me a jam up female
    Naaaa, I'd want a dam that does better than jams, how about one that gets blues?

Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

I think he may have a few straws left, we would breed to FC Fargo II.

But we didn't. We decided to breed our FC AFC Saber-FC AFC Ruby daughter to a Fargo son (AFC Rockliff's Justdoit, young and not proven as a sire, Purina's 2012 Amateur Dog of the Year). Why Nike? Amateur trainability was a strong factor. We bred to Nike not only because of his Amateur trainability and talent, we wanted to get his dam FC AFC World Famous Tellipath into the mix.

We saw Fargo and Telli in their prime. We've seen what they produced from two litters (Telli bred to Fargo twice) so our cogitations were not all based on pedigree. We saw Fargo and Telli compete in trials. Telli competed against many of the top dogs (male and female) on the West Coast and still got her FC AFC AND had two litters with Fargo. We hope to get the talents of Fargo and Telli -- both are proven producers. Our goal is to produce Amateur friendly field trial prospects. We will keep a puppy. They are due April 20; I can hardly wait. Sorry, all pups are sold if she has six. Three pups sold to repeat trial customers who own Ruby pups. If we get more than 6 puppies on April 20, I'll advertise on RTF.
    Last edited by helencalif; 04-04-2013 at 12:08 PM.