The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If your only goal was FC/AFC...

Not sure we can judge best producers solely on how many FC-AFC pups they produced. If you add in how many total pups and how many breedings, the % number would go way down on over-used studs and up on under-used. It would be a better representation on production, ex LM =157, but how many total LM pups are there 157/300pups= 50% 157/1000pups = 16% big difference there.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

John Lash,

Good advice, if you already had a dog(s) and just wanted more but, this is a hypothetical question. With all other things being equal, if you could pick a stud to get a puppy out of today, who would you go with?

I have already said FC Fargo II and why. My other choice would be FC AFC Wood River's Franchise. We bred to Shaq; the pups are now 2 yrs. 3 months old. Did OK in Derby (2 on the Derby list, 2 with 9 pts., 1 with 8 pts., the rest with 6 pts or less). Now it is time for the Qual. One female became QAA right out of Derby (she had only 3 Derby pts. but then slammed a Qual). The rest are now in training for Qual. Time will tell how this litter turns out. Most pups went to Amateurs so we hope for a lot of AFC's out of Shaq and Ruby.

Helen