The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GDG ***baseball thread***GDG

Default GDG ***baseball thread***GDG

Wanted to start a baseball thread for the 2013 season.

My Mets are 2 and 0 and wrapping up their 1st series with San Diego today. Hey Stan... Keep an eye on our second starter. Young fire baller named Matt Harvey. Here are his stats from yesterdays outing. 1 hit over 7 innings / 10 strike outs / 94 pitches and hit 97 mph on the radar gun. Not pretending we're going anywhere this year but it's great to see young talent from the farm system making it to the bigs and having an impact. What's up with the Brewers? Bon... I know LA spent a lot of $$$ on payroll. What are the expectations for 2013?

Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 04-04-2013 at 09:24 AM.

LSU is currently ranked #2 in the country behind N Carolina with a 26 - 2 record. I just hope we can keep the bats and pitching going all the way through the CWS! Vandy is on our heels so, the SEC is still up for grabs.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

The Dodgers will go as far as their pitching with the high priced staff can carry them...Kershaw will keep them in every game he pitches, but stats show that he gets terrible run support when he throws...Beckett no longer seems to have the movement or velocity in his arsenal, and the Dodgers basically bid against themselves for Greinke...

If Kemp gets hot early it might rub off.....

IMO its Mattingly's last chance to show he is a big time manager....not fond of pitching coach Rick Honeycutt
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Giants take the series....not gonna bore you with the obvious stats, I will only say this...STAFF ERA 0.00 through 3

NorCal

3 out of 4.....IDK long season but, but I will say CHAMPS til someone knocks them off.

My lowly Pirates will once again set the standard for the basement dwellers. I have rooted for them as far back as I can remember, loyal fan. Sometimes you gotta wonder what makes the front office tick. In the case of the Pittsburgh Pirates, nothing makes them tick.

Richard

My beloved Brewers have plenty of offense and defense has improved.
    They led the league in HR's and SB's last season, an unusual combination.

But SP is suspect.
    Picking up Lohse was good, but we need more!
    Last edited by road kill; 04-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Giants take the series....not gonna bore you with the obvious stats, I will only say this...STAFF ERA 0.00 through 3

NorCal

3 out of 4.....IDK long season but, but I will say CHAMPS til someone knocks them off.
    not sure where you got that stat ? Giants gave up 4 runs opening day, and three runs last night ( one which was EARNED)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    LSU is currently ranked #2 in the country behind N Carolina with a 26 - 2 record. I just hope we can keep the bats and pitching going all the way through the CWS! Vandy is on our heels so, the SEC is still up for grabs.
    I knew it I knew it LSU's teams are professional.

BTW The Rangers, I'm such a homer, set a record for strikeouts in the first three games. So glad that the AA Astros are now in our division. One more thing two of our best pitchers won't be healthy and playing for another month or so. This team is for real unlike the other Dallas area pro teams.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    My beloved Brewers have plenty of offense and defense has improved.
    They led the league in HR's and SB's last season, an unusual combination.

But SP is suspect.
    Picking up Lohse was good, but we need more!
    I think finding a closer would be a step in the right direction. Or will axford get it together?

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I knew it I knew it LSU's teams are professional.

BTW The Rangers, I'm such a homer, set a record for strikeouts in the first three games. So glad that the AA Astros are now in our division. One more thing two of our best pitchers won't be healthy and playing for another month or so. This team is for real unlike the other Dallas area pro teams.
    The title said Baseball not MLB!

Real Baseball is played at the college level anyway and not by a bunch of overpaid steroid junkies
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson