The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GDG ***baseball thread***GDG

BASEBALL!!!??? What's that? I live in Kansas City....we don't know anything about that sport.....eeeeeeck!

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    I think finding a closer would be a step in the right direction. Or will axford get it together?
    he's only got 2-3 more opportunities to get it together!
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Real baseball is played with a wooden bat.

That said, the only baseball I will see in person this spring is high school, and it might be a short season. Two State titles in two years was fun, though.

I grew up with the Yankees, but something about just the idea of the new stadium (haven't seen it) has allowed me to let go.

Reds on the radio now.

Oh! "And this one belongs to the Reds!" Aroldis Chapman... Wow.
    Last edited by luvalab; 04-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The title said Baseball not MLB!

Real Baseball is played at the college level anyway and not by a bunch of overpaid steroid junkies
    Hell Franco SEC athletics is a bunch of overpaid steroid junkies. Well except for the recreational drug user athletes.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Hey Bon, what's the word on Greinke? It looked like he hurt his non- pitching shoulder but I'm not sure. And all that drama because of some chin music on Kemp and plunking Quentin afterwords? Seems a little over the top for this early in the season. Is there some bad blood left over from last year?

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    Hey Bon, what's the word on Greinke? It looked like he hurt his non- pitching shoulder but I'm not sure. And all that drama because of some chin music on Kemp and plunking Quentin afterwords? Seems a little over the top for this early in the season. Is there some bad blood left over from last year?

Danny
    It's the Dodgers who cares.......That's what I say!!!!!

NORCAL

(6-8wks) more likely longer...I broke mine playing college ball, sliding into second. Throw from catcher was missed my SS and hit me square in the C-Bone. (missed on purpose, yes their was bad blood in my incident)

NORCAL... Where you been dude? Catching any fish? How are your giants doing?

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post

Danny
    any astute baseball afficianado knows you are not going to hit the lead off hitter on a 3-2 pitch in a one run game..Quentin needs to be suspended for a couple of weeks...Kemp needs to shut up since he is hitting .125..they gave Kershaw ZERO runs tonight, they cant expect him to pitch a shut out every time he takes the mound...the catcher AJ ellis also was slow to protect his pitcher,he needed to get between Quentin and Greinke, so he shares the blame...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    any astute baseball afficianado knows you are not going to hit the lead off hitter on a 3-2 pitch in a one run game..Quentin needs to be suspended for a couple of weeks...Kemp needs to shut up since he is hitting .125..they gave Kershaw ZERO runs tonight, they cant expect him to pitch a shut out every time he takes the mound...the catcher AJ ellis also was slow to protect his pitcher,he needed to get between Quentin and Greinke, so he shares the blame...
    I agree with everything you say... Except I'm not so sure your first sentence applies to Greinke. And if he didn't do it on purpose, he sure wasn't unhappy with hitting him by accident, and his body language certainly indicated that he "owned" it. Greinke is a bit off.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Beings that these two had a history and after being hit for the third time by Greinke (the last being awfully close to Quentin's head) I don't anyone should be surprised that Quentin charged the mound. I think the punishment was appropriate.