The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Pro plan to Kirkland

Default Pro plan to Kirkland

I currently have been feeding my two dogs purinia pro plan sport. One is 2 and a half and the other is 19 weeks. I started feeding them pro plan because it is an all life stages food. I also wanted to try the brand that was know for its sponsorship in the field trials and so on. Well I am now starting to think about switching to kirkland brand. My younger pup has been itching a little more than I would like to see. I think it is maybe the corn because the food before that( Natural Balance Synergy) did not have corn but it was just too darn expensive! What is everyone's thoughts on Kirland brand? and I would think I don't need an 28% protein and 18% fat right now? They are both active right now with training but not crazy active yet. As the weather changes we will start doing a little more training and fun stuff outside.
    My pup-Kanyon's Rambo With A Cause (Rambo)
    And my 2 year old- Ollie (my lab husky mix, she is a pheasant tracking machine! And the reason I started bird hunting!)

I switched about 6 monthes ago to Costco Natures Domain and have been very happy, have been feeding the Red bag Turkey and Sweet Potato grain free, first time Iv'e fed a grain free food. I have a 3 year old male that I had a hard time keeping weight on and a loose stool from day one, big difference since being on this food.

I hate to ask any one what it costs but I will

I won't but the Kirkland brand any more as the last two bags of food I bought had gone bad. Really horrible sour smell. I have switched to the Nutra lamb and rice Still sold at costco Think it's like $26 for 40lbs

Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach....no corn. I've had great results with it. Good luck with your search.