RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Anyone training in NW Alabama....

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  grnhed 
#1 ·
Looking to see if anyone is doing any training in the Shoals area, or close by? Got an 11 week old pup, and wouldn't mind tying into a group.

Thanks!

#6 ·
Thank you for the offer! I may take you up on that sometime. Right now my schedule is pretty flexible in allowing me to spend a lot time with Pup, and will allow me some training time as well as she grows. However, I don't really have enough free time at once to travel to train if that makes sense?

#3 ·
Mike Perry is involved with the North Alabama HRC. I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction.

#5 ·
grnhed
North Alabama Hunting Retriever Club (NAHRC) will be having a training day on April 20 th (Weather permitting) near Decatur. Starting around 8 am and ending in plenty of time to get in front of ESPN for the "A Day" game. We have already had our spring hunt test but there are a couple more in the area in the next couple of months if you are interested. Training is our main focus and we try to have a training day every month within a couple hour drive of where you are. Come on and join us.

#10 ·
If you train with me or not, you should still train with the North Alabama crew. Much more of a group atmosphere. Locally it is me training alone or with 1 or 2 others.

Central Alabama is having a test in Greensboro AL next month if you want to see what the games are all about.

#11 ·
if you like to throw stinky ducks......come train with me
if you like to throw really stinky ducks......go train with claims
if your motto is, "if i aint puking, i aint training"......fishduck will have a bucket of birds you will love!

you can't go wrong with any of these guys, you will have fun! i am in scottsboro 256-599-4996.

#12 ·
if you like to throw stinky ducks......come train with me
if you like to throw really stinky ducks......go train with claims
if your motto is, "if i aint puking, i aint training"......fishduck will have a bucket of birds you will love!
Spot on John! Although I will have to say that Mark has helped me a great deal.

#13 ·
I am a firm believer in the two gag rule. You only throw away birds that make you gag twice. I am a product of my thrifty Scottish ancestors. Unfortunately for my training buddies, I have an iron clad stomach and that second gag doesn't come easily or often.

#15 ·
We live in Killen. You are welcome to come out with us. Like Mark said, I would still suggest you spend some time with the guys in Decatur because of the group atmosphere. It's just me and my husband training our dogs.

#19 ·
Thanks for all the responses! Like a guy once told me about using frozen ducks, "if they don stink you ain't using them enough!"

Tracy, I will try to get up with y'all sometime in the near future. I'm in Sheffield. Where do y'all train?

Definitely want to get up with the Decatur guys, so keep me posted on the dates....

#20 ·
We've got a couple of pieces of property out in the Greenhill/Killen area where we can train, along with our property where we live. We won't be doing much until after April 15 - hubby is a CPA so we are up to our eyeballs till then. But then we will start hitting it hard trying to get dogs qualified for MN. My cell number is 256.627.3967.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.