RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Best Glucosimine or Joint Supplement! Tried hip help but makes dog not eat!

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SpinRetriever 
#1 ·
I'm sure most of you know the story behind Spook. I'm trying to get him on a glucosimine or joint supplement. He's doing great but needs all the help he can get. I've bought hip help but he won't eat his food with the powder on top. I've thought about just leaving it and when he gets hungry he'll finally eat it, but I don't want to starve him. Especially with going through some rehab he needs all the nutrients he can get. Has anyone every tried a human glucosimine supplement? Thanks for the help!

#3 ·
I had an English Bulldog with joint problems, and my vet prescribed me a joint health supplement. “Cant for the life of me remember the name” It was very expensive and I was in college at the time and money was tight. I got online and printed off the ingredient list, and went to Wal-Mart and bought them individually from the supplement isle there. I went from one pill from the vet to like 10 different pills but I cut the cost 75%.
I know I will probably get crucified on here for giving a dog human supplements but it worked.. I saw a dramatic improvement as did my vet. I did this for four years till he passed last oct.

Just thought I would share..

Dustin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.